Reason 10 $100 Off, This mean Reason 11 by end of April ;)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kitekrazy

30 Mar 2019

esselfortium wrote:
30 Mar 2019
antic604 wrote:
29 Mar 2019
If anything, we'll see NN-XT^2 as a paid RE in Props shop :)
A sampler is only as good as the content available for it, so if they make a successor to NN-XT I would expect it to be bundled with Reason (and possibly even released as a VST like Europa was) to encourage more widespread use and development for it, rather than drastically limiting its audience by making it a separate addon.
It's hard to beat Kontakt. Even Live's sampler doesn't compare. I just don't see anyone hopping on the NN-XT train, especially developers. What makes a sampler is the ability to create in it otherwise it's a rompler. NN-XT is tedious.

Removing flagship features then improving on them and making the end user pay as an RE doesn't make many friends.

kitekrazy

30 Mar 2019

jlgrimes wrote:
28 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Why do we have so many version upgrades so often ? and why do we want them now? id rather them take two years and come back with the whole lot done , apple took ages to update logic , of course its about money but seriously no version 11 is needed until next year sorting the vst thing out will do for now , do some of you lot just love spending money saying that i need to save up the £169 its gonna cost me in the sales 😂 as i only have intro atm
Minor updates are to please existing users.

Reason users are the biggest marketers of Reason. Keep them happy, they will try to convince others to try Reason.

Reason is in a weird position as most veteran users also own other DAWS as Reason 10 years ago was marketed as more of an accessory program to be used with another DAW. Which mean 2 year updates with no minor updates could bore users into going back to other DAWS which probably would get an update by that time.
That really isn't any different with other developers. It's worse if new versions are created and flaws from the previous release are not fixed except in the version you now have to pay for. That's a good way to lose people.

Oquasec

31 Mar 2019

I expect to see Reason updates every 2 years tbh.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

devilfish

31 Mar 2019

I‘m going with Steinberg since 2 months.. everything is Fine.. Midi and Cubase 10 is SUPERB!
I‘m not missing everything.. (maybe the money i spend to Propellerhead.. )

• Information