Reaper Reason rewire problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
manem78

28 Feb 2019

Hi!

I have a problem which I have been struggling to solve for weeks. I am rewiring Reason into Reaper and when some graphic is happening during playback, such as minimizing/maximizing windows or scrolling, major pops and crackles occur. I suspect it has something to do with rewire and graphic cards (Nvidia and Intel integrated) but I can't figure out what. When I run the same project in Reason only, everything is fine. When I sync Reason and Reaper through MIDI clock it works fine. But over rewire it's terrible. I tried everything. Disabling devices in Device manager, configuring USB power management, installing old/new Nvidia drivers, asio4all, playing with Reaper and ASIO buffer settings...everything suggested on the internet. No result. I have a relatively strong Asus laptop. Intel i7 4710HQ, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX850M 4GB VRAM, SSD, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4... I am not using VSTs in Reaper, only sequencing Reason through rewire. I managed (somehow?!) to resolve pops when scrolling in Reaper, but scrolling over at Reason's rack or mixer (or Chrome, Notepad) during playback is unbearable. I'm thinking to give up and do all in Reason, but I like Reaper's sequencer.
Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks

xylyx

01 Mar 2019

Try looking at this reply (from jam-s) to issues I was having with Studio One and rewire...it helped with my [different] CPU issues:

viewtopic.php?p=433484#p433484

Try using the keyboard shortcut mentioned and see if that helps.

manem78

02 Mar 2019

Man, I can't thank you enough!!! I can't believe this!

"To increase: Ctrl + Shift + Alt + <numpad-plus>
To decrease: Ctrl + Shift + Alt + <numpad-minus>"

Problem solved! No more glitches when scrolling, sound is smooth... And, I spent last three weeks googling, killing my nerves!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! :))))))))))))

xylyx

02 Mar 2019

Glad it worked for you too. I wonder why the Props have hidden this stuff and not made it automatic when Reason is rewired?

ambitran

02 Mar 2019

What is increasing and decreasing? I might try this in the future as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xylyx

03 Mar 2019

The number of cores being used when rewired...

• Information