Velocity

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2019

Don’t know if this should maybe be under hardware but here goes. My main midi controller is a Line 6 KB37. I recently bought a cable and connected my Kawai ES100 Electric Piano (with the volume turned down of course). There’s a marked difference in the two keyboards when it comes to velocity. I need to hit the keys a lot harder on the ES100 to come up to the same level as the KB37. I know I can just go in on Edit and up the levels. I also guess that different keyboards have differing sensitivity. No problems with instruments like Viking which are pretty much on or off. Any workarounds? I’m sure I’ve got REs which can help with this. Thanks :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Adabler
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2019

Maybe you could use that Midi Compressor player-thing?

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ompressor/
:reason: 12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2019

Adabler wrote:
17 Feb 2019
Maybe you could use that Midi Compressor player-thing?

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ompressor/
You know what? I think you might be right :).

“Another great use of MIDI Compressor is to tweak the velocity response of an Instrument device to better match your master keyboard and/or play style.“

Thanks for that.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Adabler
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
17 Feb 2019
You know what? I think you might be right :).

“Another great use of MIDI Compressor is to tweak the velocity response of an Instrument device to better match your master keyboard and/or play style.“

Thanks for that.
No problem! :thumbs_up:
:reason: 12, Win10

NekujaK

17 Feb 2019

I don't have experience with the controllers you mentioned, but most controllers I've used have a menu of internal settings, including the ability to adjust the velocity curve and set min/max velocity output levels. Don't know if that applies to your controller.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2019

NekujaK wrote:
17 Feb 2019
I don't have experience with the controllers you mentioned, but most controllers I've used have a menu of internal settings, including the ability to adjust the velocity curve and set min/max velocity output levels. Don't know if that applies to your controller.
KB37 yes.
Kawai piano no.
Thanks though. Good suggestion.
I think the easiest ( and cheapest) solution is probably just to adjust the velocity in edit mode after recording :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information