Is Anyone Else Experiencing This??

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
22ndCenturyStudio

14 Feb 2019

I've had this issue before,so as a means of fixing the issue,I bought a HP Pavillion Gaming PC(Ryzen 5,3.6Ghz,1TB HD,128GB SSD,8GB of RAM)....but the problem still exists,which is that upon launching Reason 10,my video/audio playback abilities are rendered inoperative(even after I close a session of Reason.)It's so severe,that I have to restart my PC every single time,if say...I want to play any sort of audio file,or watch YouTube.
It's a brand new f**king PC and I bought the most powerful PC I could afford(and yes,I realize that 8GB is not much)...but I only paid $600 for it and besides,this PC is upgradable to 32GB of RAM(but it's so damn expensive right now)...which is why I have yet to add more RAM.
How can Reason 10,possibly be such a monstrous resource hog??
I'm beginning to think,that the source of the problem lies elsewhere....but I cannot imagine what it is??I had always thought,my previous PC was the cause,as it was very outdated,but since I am having the identical problem on a new,more powerful computer,that there must be others here,experiencing this??If so...any suggestions on how to troubleshoot/solve this problem?

Loque

14 Feb 2019

I had similar problems with my old installation, but it was a general problem. The sound was harsh, crackling and bad. Guess it was a driver problem or Windows problem. I just restarted the sound card, and the problem was solved. Maybe something else caused the trouble... Never really figured out what the problem is.

Another typical source of bad noises in the audio are bad hardware in/at the computer or crappy/wrong designed power lanes, which can cause anything hiss sounds.

One solution it's worth trying, is using a different audio driver like ASIO4ALL.
Reason12, Win10

Wobbleburger

14 Feb 2019

How are your sound buffer settings?
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

22ndCenturyStudio

14 Feb 2019

Loque wrote:
14 Feb 2019
I had similar problems with my old installation, but it was a general problem. The sound was harsh, crackling and bad. Guess it was a driver problem or Windows problem. I just restarted the sound card, and the problem was solved. Maybe something else caused the trouble... Never really figured out what the problem is.

Another typical source of bad noises in the audio are bad hardware in/at the computer or crappy/wrong designed power lanes, which can cause anything hiss sounds.

One solution it's worth trying, is using a different audio driver like ASIO4ALL.
Thanks for the reply,but I never said anything about having any noise issues(which I do not have,whatsoever.)I should have also mentioned,that I have a brand new Presonus AudioBox iOne(with the latest driver.)

gullum

14 Feb 2019

are you by any chance using the same sound card as you did with your old computer? is so that might be the problem
Ups sorry was typing this while you comment on the other so it's not the problem
Last edited by gullum on 14 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

22ndCenturyStudio

14 Feb 2019

Wobbleburger wrote:
14 Feb 2019
How are your sound buffer settings?
I also have Mixcraft 8,which does not have any negative effects at all.It's not a buffer issue(wish it was just that simple.This problem I've been having,is a very regular thing now(may have something to do with Reason needing to create an update,to fix a bug issue,perhaps?

two shoes

14 Feb 2019

that's not happening because your pc is too slow or doesn't have enough ram - there's something else going on. what version of windows are you using and what type of audio interface?

22ndCenturyStudio

14 Feb 2019

two shoes wrote:
14 Feb 2019
that's not happening because your pc is too slow or doesn't have enough ram - there's something else going on. what version of windows are you using and what type of audio interface?
Windows 10,64 and as I have mentioned already in this thread,I have a Presonus AudioBox iOne with the latest driver installed.

Loque

14 Feb 2019

Can you try a different soundcard?
Reason12, Win10

bxbrkrz

14 Feb 2019

I would suggest to have a factory fresh Windows install. Then install your driver for your card, then Reason. Nothing else (anti virus, etc). Play Reason demo songs, then play your stuff.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

22ndCenturyStudio

14 Feb 2019

Thanks a mint to all, for all of the fast replies...but this thread is going nowhere,fast.It seems abundantly clear,that my problem is an anomaly...as no one can grasp what I am going through and understandably so,because it is a really bizarre problem.

napynap

15 Feb 2019

For what it's worth, I have some of what you are experiencing, but not all. See if this info helps. I have Windows 10, Core i7 4.2ghz, 32gb DDR5 RAM, several SSD drives (not raid), 1080Ti 6GB RAM graphics card. I built it for HD video editing, which it does very well. Most of the time I'm just using the motherboard's built in sound chip for playback of audio, unless I need to record live instruments like vocals or guitar. Then I use a Focusrite Scarlett USB Audio interface. I'm on Reason 10.2.

When no audio interface is connected and I'm just using the motherboard's internal soundchip, If I open a song in Reason and hit play, it works great. However, if i minimize Reason and go to any other application that plays audio like Media Player or a browser with YouTube, I still get video, but no audio playback. I assume it's because Reason takes control of the audio, so I never considered it a 'problem' . When I close Reason, I can resume play a YouTube video and it plays fine, I can hear it. I never have to restart my computer to get audio working on Reason or other applications.

Check to see if you get different results without using the Presonus audio interface.
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

Accorman

15 Feb 2019

Do you know someone that can lend you a USB audio interface for a few hours so that you can check it is not an issue with your current interface (even if it is new, it’s worth checking)?

PhillipOrdonez

15 Feb 2019

So what exactly happens to your audio once you close Reason? No playback?

submonsterz

15 Feb 2019

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
14 Feb 2019
I've had this issue before,so as a means of fixing the issue,I bought a HP Pavillion Gaming PC(Ryzen 5,3.6Ghz,1TB HD,128GB SSD,8GB of RAM)....but the problem still exists,which is that upon launching Reason 10,my video/audio playback abilities are rendered inoperative(even after I close a session of Reason.)It's so severe,that I have to restart my PC every single time,if say...I want to play any sort of audio file,or watch YouTube.
It's a brand new f**king PC and I bought the most powerful PC I could afford(and yes,I realize that 8GB is not much)...but I only paid $600 for it and besides,this PC is upgradable to 32GB of RAM(but it's so damn expensive right now)...which is why I have yet to add more RAM.
I'm beginning to think,that the source of the problem lies elsewhere....but I cannot imagine what it is??I had always thought,my previous PC was the cause,as it was very outdated,but since I am having the identical problem on a new,more powerful computer,that there must be others here,experiencing this??If so...any suggestions on how to troubleshoot/solve this problem?
If you haven't all ready try looking in control panel and checking you haven't got any hd video and sound drivers related to video card active if so try disabling them and booting up to try again . I did a fresh install before and forgot that as mine were causing me a few probs for a few minutes till I realised I never turned all them off. Worth a look if you haven't tried that all ready .

RandyEspoda

15 Feb 2019

I had the exact same issue when I got this new ryzen build, and installed win7 on it.

My previous pc I had two dedicated sound devices, an echo mona 24/96 interface and an M-audio delta 24/96 pci card.
I used the mona interface for reason only with asio2, and the delta for all other pc related sound.
Always worked flawlessly, but the new ryzen build no longer has pci, so I had to ditch the M-audio and got
a pci to pcie adaptor card for the Mona (it doesn't fit on the delta).
So I had to use the mona for both reason with asio and for all other pc sound that was not asio.

With this I had the exact same issue where, after using reason and closing it, sound no longer worked
on the pc and I had to reboot windows.

Can't remember exactly what fixed it because I was trying to get win7 going on a build that doesn't fully support it,
so I did a lot of things during those days...but I believe it was in the sound settings of windows :

go to your sound settings via the control panel, and find this option :

Disable that option for the playback device used when using Reason.
In fact, you can disable it for every playback device without issues.

I believe that did it for me, but I do not use win10, so not 100% sure it will work for you too...

chrischrischris

15 Feb 2019

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
14 Feb 2019
Okay, finally someone else that has this issue!!!!

Open Youtube, everything fine. Close browser,
Use Reason, Close Reason,
Open Browser, Youtube Has No Sound,

You can try Media Player No Sound on Video Or Audio. Itunes wont even play without sound.

The only fix is a reboot or "Sound Settings" Disable Soundcard Then Enable Soundcard.

I also get 5 or 10 minutes (Varies Each Time) into A Youtube Video Or Other Video Internet Platform and loose sync between Audio And Video. If I remember correctly, the audio is delayed rather than the video delayed. However there are two different types of sync loss for this, brief loss of Audio Card Sync and then total loss of sync.

To rectify this, "Sound Settings" "Recording Settings" Disable Recording (Sound Immediately returns to it's rightful place) then Re-Enable. This is better than Disabling Playback because that requires a refresh of the browser.

The only event other than normal events during A Reason Session are occasionally once every hour or so Audio "Looses Sync" briefly for a second then again once every hour or so there is A Full Audio Melt Down. The Audio becomes delayed but also very "Fuzzy" but once resetting the Soundcard it's fine again.

Specs;

Windows 10 1809
Ryzen 1800
Presonus Fire Studio Project

I have spent hours in event viewer trying to track down the issue but came up with "Everything" which turned out to be "Nothing".

I have tried various web fixes but nothing works. The only thing I can try is a complete reinstall which is a nightmare VST Wise so I have put it off but it's been over 6 Months now!!!!

Thanks in advance

Chris

ScuzzyEye

15 Feb 2019

Make sure your Windows audio settings is the same sample rate as what you're using with the ASIO driver, or the other way around.

submonsterz

15 Feb 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Make sure your Windows audio settings is the same sample rate as what you're using with the ASIO driver, or the other way around.
I found that to be untrue in all my win 10 amd set ups .
All that mattered in my cases were only needed to set windows itself to be nothing other than 44.1 or 48 for that particular fix to work.
My issues in all my set ups were caused by graphics cards installing hd sound drivers etc all my set ups worked a charm with multiple sound cards and and on board all working in harmony and be able to set what ever rate or bit depth in all non Windows applications . He'll I can even have multi card output and even get my Xbox one controller putting out and taking in sound via its jack on it in tandem . As long as I only use them two sample rates for the windows settings. And remove all graphics card related sound drivers.

RandyEspoda

17 Feb 2019

Whatever then. Good luck.

jappe

17 Feb 2019

I don't know about Presonus, but Roland Quad capture has a configuration setting called "Match with the ASIO rate" that sounds like it could be relevant for this type of problem scenario.

Maybe you also need to resave the project after aligning sample rates:
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=4955

WeLoveYouToo

19 Feb 2019

does reason work better with the on board audio driver? without your interface?

• Information