Make Rack Bigger

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Popnfrsh24

Post 10 Feb 2019

Hey everybody,

So I'm still in the trial version of Reason 10, and one of the gripes about the older version was that the rack mixer is so small on my screen. I got the demo of Reason 10 in hopes they would have fixed that issue by now. From a quick google search....it looks like this hasn't been fixed? Am I correct?

Have you guys found ways to get around this so that it looks bigger on your screen? Besides changing resolution?

Thanks

diminished

Post 10 Feb 2019

Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Saviour, the SSL mixing console?

Popnfrsh24

Post 10 Feb 2019

not sure what point you're trying to make....basically you're emphasizing you do all your stuff via the SSL mixing console? But, you still have to deal with a tiny Rack view??

jam-s

Post 10 Feb 2019

If your screen resolution does not match your eye vision you might want to think about glasses or another screen.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

moneykube

Post 10 Feb 2019

I make it smaller... I like to suffer

superpop

Post 10 Feb 2019

Popnfrsh24 wrote:
10 Feb 2019
Hey everybody,

So I'm still in the trial version of Reason 10, and one of the gripes about the older version was that the rack mixer is so small on my screen. I got the demo of Reason 10 in hopes they would have fixed that issue by now. From a quick google search....it looks like this hasn't been fixed? Am I correct?

Have you guys found ways to get around this so that it looks bigger on your screen? Besides changing resolution?

Thanks
I'm too like to have that option. Bigger rack, bigger REs, bigger sequencer, bigger browser...

fieldframe

Post 10 Feb 2019

Probably fair to say this is one of the top concerns in the Reason user community right now, and it’s likely a high priority for Propellerhead. We know the immediate priority is the audio engine rewrite for 10.3, and I would wager that a UI rewrite is the next step.

The problem, as best I can see, is that the code used to render the rack is twenty years old and needs to be rewritten to take advantage of modern GPUs. A new rack renderer will make a bunch of stuff possible, from zooming, to hiDPI support, to smooth scrolling. It’ll be great if this is one of the marquee features in Reason 11.
Welcome to TEST FIXTURE

Popnfrsh24

Post 11 Feb 2019

fieldframe wrote:
10 Feb 2019
Probably fair to say this is one of the top concerns in the Reason user community right now, and it’s likely a high priority for Propellerhead. We know the immediate priority is the audio engine rewrite for 10.3, and I would wager that a UI rewrite is the next step.

The problem, as best I can see, is that the code used to render the rack is twenty years old and needs to be rewritten to take advantage of modern GPUs. A new rack renderer will make a bunch of stuff possible, from zooming, to hiDPI support, to smooth scrolling. It’ll be great if this is one of the marquee features in Reason 11.
Ah interesting...that makes sense now.

Do you guys have an inkling on when reason 11 will come out? I like reason a lot and want to buy it, but it's a hard sell with the two main issues I have found with it. Does it just make sense to wait until Reason 11? Is there talk about when 11 will be released?

I'm assuming Reason does offer an upgrade discount to go from 10 to 11...any idea on how much that has cost in the past?

Thanks,

Joey

diminished

Post 11 Feb 2019

10.3 will come out first and even with that there is radio silence right now. So, no talk about v11 yet.
An upgrade from full version to another is usually USD $129, no matter how many iterations you skip :)

antic604

Post 11 Feb 2019

fieldframe wrote:
10 Feb 2019
As much as I share your enthusiasm (and I pray you're right), there's NOTHING that points to Props actively working on that... Hope I'm wrong :)
Popnfrsh24 wrote:
10 Feb 2019
Besides changing resolution?
Yeah, that's the only way for now.

If you're on Windows, you can also increase Windows' scaling factor (it's in one of the right-click menus on the desktop) to get the same result, but - usually - dropping resolution works better.
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - "Psytrance in Bitwig Studio" tutorial

diminished

Post 11 Feb 2019

Popnfrsh24 wrote:
10 Feb 2019
not sure what point you're trying to make....basically you're emphasizing you do all your stuff via the SSL mixing console? But, you still have to deal with a tiny Rack view??
Didn't want to troll, sorry, and I can only speak for myself, but the old mixer is not needed any longer for my workflow at all, except when I want to open old project files. The rack size is okay for me, @ FullHD resolution. I believe our 4k brothers and sisters have a different opinion.

Ermitage

Post 11 Feb 2019

4k? I've stopped using it because of the resolution and I'm only on 1440p.

Popnfrsh24

Post 11 Feb 2019

Has anybody used some sort of program to just increase the size of something upon the middle mouse button click? My old mouse use to have that and thought it was a clever idea...basically whenever you click the middle button a square pops up with everything zoomed in so it's like you're looking through a magnifying glass. Seems like this could be useful for reason.

Does anybody do this now?

Molotovbeatz

Post 11 Feb 2019

diminished wrote:
10 Feb 2019
Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Saviour, the SSL mixing console?
Yeah hahaha, even on a 2k display the SSL mixer is still a pain to look at.
:reason: Instagram: @beatzmolotov
:reason: SoundCloud: Molotovbeatz
:reason: YouTube: Molotovbeatz

• Information