Help with installing reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Dannyt1986

05 Feb 2019

Hi guys I'm new here having problems installing reason 10. It's a bit complicated, I bought a product from gears4music it is a akai LPK25 wireless with reason 10 upgrade. This is what it says on the site: Please Note: The bundle includes an upgrade to Reason 10. The LPK25 comes complete with Reason Lite (when registered) and the upgrade allows you to access the full Reason 10 software. Well I've registered the akai I never got reason lite so I talked to a guy at akai he didn't have a clue tbh.so I rang the store were I the product they said, install reason 10 register it online. So I put the reason 10 disk in and followed the instructions. I clicked install reason, then it took me to propellerhead site. The title is thank you for choosing reason 10. The latest reason is being down loaded right now which it isn't. So I click on register,register new product so I put the license number and registration code in .It says reason adapted,limited,essentials, registration required. I'm lost having got a clue any 1 can make any thing of this

mcatalao
Competition Winner

05 Feb 2019

Dannyt1986 wrote:
05 Feb 2019
Hi guys I'm new here having problems installing reason 10. It's a bit complicated, I bought a product from gears4music it is a akai LPK25 wireless with reason 10 upgrade. This is what it says on the site: Please Note: The bundle includes an upgrade to Reason 10. The LPK25 comes complete with Reason Lite (when registered) and the upgrade allows you to access the full Reason 10 software. Well I've registered the akai I never got reason lite so I talked to a guy at akai he didn't have a clue tbh.so I rang the store were I the product they said, install reason 10 register it online. So I put the reason 10 disk in and followed the instructions. I clicked install reason, then it took me to propellerhead site. The title is thank you for choosing reason 10. The latest reason is being down loaded right now which it isn't. So I click on register,register new product so I put the license number and registration code in .It says reason adapted,limited,essentials, registration required. I'm lost having got a clue any 1 can make any thing of this
Its a precedence license.

You need to register the Adapted licence, then register the 10 full license. They want to have the full path for your license, because it's the only way to see how the promotions affect sales. So you don't need to install adapted, but you need to register it first, then register the full.

Good Luck,
MC

Zac

05 Feb 2019

Try going to the akai site and look at the freebies you got for registering your akai product. If Reason 10 Lite is one of them it will have codes you can register that product with on the Propellerhead website once you have signed up at Propellerhead.

If you then have additional codes to register for an upgrade to Reason 10 full, you'll be able to apply them to the Reason 10 Lite version.

I hope I'm right in this but not sure but worth trying.

Dannyt1986

05 Feb 2019

I've just gone to the site gone on my products. Shows a picture of the keyboard. It's says included software I'm guessing that's were reason lite would appear but nothings available. It's so confusing

Dannyt1986

05 Feb 2019

mcatalao wrote:
05 Feb 2019
Dannyt1986 wrote:
05 Feb 2019
Its a precedence license.

You need to register the Adapted licence, then register the 10 full license. They want to have the full path for your license, because it's the only way to see how the promotions affect sales. So you don't need to install adapted, but you need to register it first, then register the full.

Good Luck,
MC
https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-an ... h8EALw_wcB this is what I bought if u get a chance have a read of the description it just says I need to upgrade reason lite what comes with the akai midi keyboard

Dannyt1986

05 Feb 2019

Thanks for the info but I'm returning the product. I've got in touch with akai and the reason lite softwear what I needed to use the update, they no longer provide the software and haven't for a while. So I've explained this to gears4music and fully understand and taking this matter further as it's false advertising.

• Information