Audio track slider stuck around -32 dB

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
cymek74

29 Jan 2019

Hi,

First post. First of all I just want to share my appreciation for the forum, as a new DAW/Reason user, this place has been invaluable to me, I'd never used any type of DAW until a few months ago, and that coupled with not being that knowledgeable with computers/software in general meant that the forum has been a massive help to me with initial setting up problems, and has got me going with making a start with Reason, so Thank you.

Now my problem, last week my laptop wouldn't boot and I had to reset windows 10 and reinstall all my programs, including Reason. I have eventually got everything up and running again. Today I wanted to record some guitar, so opened up an audio track and did everything as normal, assigned the input etc. from my audio interface. I wasn't getting any volume, so after messing around a bit with volumes etc. I noticed the slider on the audio track was down at -32db and jittering very slightly, when I try to move it back up, it flicks back down again instantly. I closed everything down including the computer, but to no avail, it now always does this same thing.
Any pointers on how to resolve this, or what it could be, is it a windows thing rather than Reason?

Thanks in advance, Steve.
Reason 12, Bitwig 4, Win 10 :recycle: :reason: :re:

guitfnky

29 Jan 2019

that’s...super weird...does it happen even when the track is stopped?

if you have automation on the mix slider, that might explain it when the track is playing, but if not, sounds like something’s off.

first, I’d try right clicking the slider and clearing any automation that’s there. if that doesn’t work, try duplicating tracks and devices. most likely it will clear the issue from your new (duplicated) track, and you can just delete the original—just be careful to reconnect any external routing to the new track, if there is any.

either way, it’s probably worth contacting Props’ support and saving the project (before you do the steps above) as a separate file that you don’t use, so you have it in case they need help recreating the problem.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Loque

29 Jan 2019

Beside what @guitfnky said, check any connected midi controllers if they send any signals - just disconnect them, and see if the jitter is still there.

As a side off-topic note, always remember to un-authorize Reason before you wipe your HD and make a new install.
Last edited by Loque on 29 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

29 Jan 2019

Have you tried Servisol?

cymek74

30 Jan 2019

Hi,
Thanks for the pointers. I ended up away from the computer for 24 hrs and in bed with a head cold. Turned everything on again this evening, and the problem has disappeared. My midi controller was connected but turned off initially, so I disconnected it, and reconnected it.
I think I've just did something dumb, but frustratingly can't for the life of me think what it is, so I don't do it again.
Anyway thanks for the suggestions, hopefully it was just gremlins from the reinstall or me being silly!
Reason 12, Bitwig 4, Win 10 :recycle: :reason: :re:

• Information