HELP!!! Midi External Instrument - Extremely Jittery result.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CapedSam

28 Jan 2019

O.k. Here's my setup

Windows 10
Reason 10.2.2d1

MIDI devices connected directly to my computer:

iControlMIDI 4+ (via Ethernet and rtpMIDI) controlling a Moog Mother 32
Arturia Microbrute (via USB)

If I send data from Reason's sequencer to either of these devices (by way of the External MIDI instrument device) I get a playback that is unacceptably jittery.

Here's a quick video example of the Mother 32.

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out why Reason (and it does seem to be Reason because I've tried several different hardware configurations) can't seem to play a rock solid pulse.

Any thoughts?

EnochLight

28 Jan 2019

CapedSam wrote:
28 Jan 2019

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out why Reason (and it does seem to be Reason because I've tried several different hardware configurations) can't seem to play a rock solid pulse.

Any thoughts?
Try turning off "send song pointer position" in Reason's preferences under the "Sync" tab and see if that improves things.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

CapedSam

28 Jan 2019

Thanks EnochLight, but that setting is currently off.

bitley

28 Jan 2019

Your sound settings need to be rock solid and without too much latency. Reason tries to match the midi with the audio. Your video title is not helping Propellerhead in any way. The problem is not common and it's better to fix it than to blame Reason, which is flawless. Your PCs settings simply needs to be optimized. Try Asio4All if you can't seem to get it rock solid. Which audio interface are you using? Increase the audio buffer too.

CapedSam

28 Jan 2019

bitley wrote:
28 Jan 2019
Your sound settings need to be rock solid and without too much latency. Reason tries to match the midi with the audio. Your video title is not helping Propellerhead in any way. The problem is not common and it's better to fix it than to blame Reason, which is flawless. Your PCs settings simply needs to be optimized. Try Asio4All if you can't seem to get it rock solid. Which audio interface are you using? Increase the audio buffer too.
Dude, you actually helped! I reduced the audio buffer, which reduced my latency significantly.
This never seemed to be an issue before, and I don't know why the latency jumped up the way it did.

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20.

By the way, the YouTube video is an unlisted video, and was created for the sole purpose of trying to describe the issue I *was* having.

Thank you!

demt

29 Jan 2019

last minite 3 point check essential
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

bitley

29 Jan 2019

Cool!

I used to run Pheads worldwide support so I know it pretty well ;-)

• Information