Newbie questions

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
wingedwonder

21 Jan 2019

HELLO How are you?

i have just purchased Reason intro 10 (Boxed version)

i went to site and downloaded software ,then i opened software on my computer desktop and got to the dialog box to input my
license number and activation code -when i got to the reason website i got to the page where i input my info.

i was shown the license number is invalid - even though it is right in my hand (on the supplied paper card).
i tried a million times with no luck.

so i clicked on the page with the options for support,etc....but the page was jumping wildly and the propellerheads logo was flickering and acting weird.

everytime i scrolled down to hit the blue support button (after like 16 tries) i was able to click it.

but after 3 tries it never connected........has anyone ever had this experience? i need info on how to register my boxed reason into...to get me out of this demo mode tease...lol

sorry to write a book here.

i also wanted to ask hopefully i can find answers...

i own 2 devices (in question)

Focusrite Saffire 6 USB (with midi in and out)

and my beloved:

Oberheim OB-12 Blue colored Synth (with midi in and out)

MY Question is:

how and if these 2 things will work in REASON 10 intro....and what they are Good for? what can i achieve with these devices within Reason 10 intro.

I know nothing about midi yet............. I am wondering if i can set up my Oberheim synth to use as a keyboard to work within reason?

for example can i control knobs,faders,plug ins,create midi melodies to be sent to reason? Will reason be able to put my reason created midi note melodies into my Oberheim synth..so i can hear the melodies on there?

also i have no idea what drivers,etc i need to get up and running if it is all possible to set up my 19 year old in perfect condition Oberheim OB-12 (with midi in and out)

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME ...what i can possible achieve with my 2 devices ?

I am A TOTAL NEWBIE Aaaarghhhhh!!!

Thank you So Much for your time.

i hope to make some nice new creative Friends here as well....

Regards.

kinkujin

21 Jan 2019

Hi wingedwonder,
Have you tried contacting Propellerhead support via email? Maybe someone here can supply an email for wingedwonder to try?

You should be able to use your synth with Reason. You’ll need to use a midi cable from your synth to your interface, then your interface would plug into the USB port on your computer.

You will then use your keyboard to control/play the synths inside of Reason. You could also play the internal sounds of your synth into Reason. For that you will need audio cables out from your synth into your interface.

First things first, you need to get Reason registered and running. Hope this helps. Others may chime in as well. Best of luck!

EnochLight

21 Jan 2019

wingedwonder wrote:
21 Jan 2019
HELLO How are you?

i have just purchased Reason intro 10 (Boxed version)

i went to site and downloaded software ,then i opened software on my computer desktop and got to the dialog box to input my
license number and activation code -when i got to the reason website i got to the page where i input my info.

i was shown the license number is invalid - even though it is right in my hand (on the supplied paper card).
i tried a million times with no luck.
Where did you buy the boxed software? Was it sealed in plastic and never opened? It's possible you're typing in the license number or activation code wrong (are you accidentally entering the number "0" instead of the letter "o", or any other similar alpha/numeric mistakes)?
wingedwonder wrote:
21 Jan 2019
so i clicked on the page with the options for support,etc....but the page was jumping wildly and the propellerheads logo was flickering and acting weird.

everytime i scrolled down to hit the blue support button (after like 16 tries) i was able to click it.

but after 3 tries it never connected........has anyone ever had this experience? i need info on how to register my boxed reason into...to get me out of this demo mode tease...lol
Sounds like you might have some computer issues or Internet connection issues. Did you try another browser? Which browser are you using?
wingedwonder wrote:
21 Jan 2019
sorry to write a book here.

i also wanted to ask hopefully i can find answers...

i own 2 devices (in question)

Focusrite Saffire 6 USB (with midi in and out)

and my beloved:

Oberheim OB-12 Blue colored Synth (with midi in and out)

MY Question is:

how and if these 2 things will work in REASON 10 intro....and what they are Good for? what can i achieve with these devices within Reason 10 intro. I know nothing about midi yet............. I am wondering if i can set up my Oberheim synth to use as a keyboard to work within reason?
You can use your OB-12 as a MIDI controller for starters, which will allow you to control all devices in Reason 10 Intro. Being able to "play" the synths and samplers in Reason 10 Intro as if they were inside your OB-12 is pretty sweet.

You can also record the audio that your OB-12 generates inside of Reason 10 Intro, and sync your OB-12's built in arpeggio or LFO to Reason's tempo. Just run the audio outs from your OB-12 into your Focusrite Saffire and select those inputs in an audio track in Reason. Connect your OB-12 to your Saffire with MIDI cables. Select them as active inputs/outputs in Reason.
wingedwonder wrote:
21 Jan 2019
for example can i control knobs,faders,plug ins,create midi melodies to be sent to reason? Will reason be able to put my reason created midi note melodies into my Oberheim synth..so i can hear the melodies on there?

also i have no idea what drivers,etc i need to get up and running if it is all possible to set up my 19 year old in perfect condition Oberheim OB-12 (with midi in and out)
No drivers needed, assuming your Focusrite Saffire's MIDI ports are connected to your OB-12's MIDI ports and selected in Reason. You also need to set your OB-12's MIDI channel to the right state. Check your OB-12's manual for the correct settings.
wingedwonder wrote:
21 Jan 2019
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME ...what i can possible achieve with my 2 devices ?
See above.
wingedwonder wrote:
21 Jan 2019
I am A TOTAL NEWBIE Aaaarghhhhh!!!

Thank you So Much for your time.

i hope to make some nice new creative Friends here as well....

Regards.
Welcome to Reasontalk (and to Reason)!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

DrGOA®

22 Jan 2019

I can't found support e-mail. Always opens this page: https://help.propellerheads.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

sonicbyte

24 Jan 2019

Don't worry, just send a support ticket and their will get through this very soon.

Good luck

• Information