Quad Note keeps crashing!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SoundStruggler

20 Jan 2019

I uploaded a video that shows the problem here:

It worked fine for hours until I decided to add Umpf Retro Drums to the mix. Then it decided to keep crashing every time. Anyone else having problems with Quad Note?

SoundStruggler

20 Jan 2019

I think I've figured out what the problem is. Quad Note doesn't like to be muted from the sequencer when it's inside a combinator. :-p

rcbuse
RE Developer

20 Jan 2019

Could you post your reason file somewhere? I'm trying to recreate this but can't.

SoundStruggler

20 Jan 2019

I'm not sure where to post the file. I've sent a bugreport to Propellerheads with the song file attached. Maybe they can reproduce it and fix it.

PhillipOrdonez

21 Jan 2019

SoundStruggler wrote:
20 Jan 2019
I'm not sure where to post the file. I've sent a bugreport to Propellerheads with the song file attached. Maybe they can reproduce it and fix it.
He developed it, just so you know.

Wobbleburger

21 Jan 2019

I think the issue may be with Umpf Retro. It crashes for me too.... It also stops rendering audio and disables itself on bigger songs.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

Reasonable man

21 Jan 2019

I had the exact same problem with Stringwerk..exact same message ... it would crash when making changes during playback and especially if there were player devices in the signal chain.

After a while i decided to delete stringwerk from my rack extensions list. I then re-installed it. Problem sorted ...no more crashes.
I dont know if this is the same problem for you but you might as well give it a try. I have a mac on Sierra and i put it down to all the constant updates that have to be installed. However truth is i dont know what was causing it!

• Information