No anwser from customer support - Old Registration

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Loop

19 Jan 2019

Hi,

A few days ago, I tried to contact customer support regarding my current version of Reason that I would like to upgrade.
As of today, I'm unable to get a response and I'm wondering if there could be another way around to solve my issue.

My issue is that a few years ago (Circa 2005), when I bought my copy of Reason 5, I registered my product but I'm unable to access the account I had back then. I tried all my previous email addresses but it seems that there is no way to retrieve it.
I've created a new account and tried to register my product only to get the confirmation that my license is already registered.

The good new is that I manage to re-install my current copy since I still have the original box and serial but since I cannot access my previous account used to register my product I'm unable to upgrade to reason 10.

Is there a way to have a product unregisted so I can register it again with my new account ?
I read all the sections regarding support on propellerhead website and sent emails twice but still no anwser.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried to make a search on the forum but couldn't find anything.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Loque

20 Jan 2019

You need your old account. Nothing else is possible. Also this might be a problem for PH to deactivate your old license, since they cannot verify that it was your account.
Reason12, Win10

Loop

20 Jan 2019

Thanks a lot for your time Loque. This is very unfortunate since I tried every possible previous email adress I could have used before and they doesn't exist anymore on their server. There must be a way for them to validate that my copy hasn't been activated for more than 10 years and allow me to update the account associated with it. I'll keep my fingers crossed waiting an official answer from CS.

- Thanks Again

Oquasec

20 Jan 2019

Mhm you gonna have to speak to propellerhead and have them give you a unique little ID thing to enter for codemeter.
Last edited by Oquasec on 23 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Loop

20 Jan 2019

Thanks Oquasec, I'll wait for customer support hoping that they will answer me this week.

• Information