delora rs touch ios control app for Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
two shoes

19 Jan 2019

i've no doubt this has been discussed on this forum before, but i just wanted to remind everyone about this amazing app. for anyone who has an ipad and doesn't already know, a company called delora makes a Reason remote control app for ios called rs touch that's just fantastic. i've been amazed how well it works over wifi with almost no discernable latency. it has keyboard and grid type performance interfaces as well as excellent transport and mixer controls. also, there are dedicated control interfaces for various popular rack extensions (over a hundred at this point iirc) and they are continuall adding new ones. for $25 it's simply an amazing value so i just wanted to make this psa in hopes that more peope will discover and buy it encouraging delora to continue it's development. i have no connection with delora whatsoever i just think it's an amazing app. they also have another Reason app called rs touch for iphones that i haven't used cause i don't have an iphone as well as a similar control app for Logic if anyone uses that too.

Koshdukai

19 Jan 2019

+1 ...if you have an old iPad gathering dust, this is the best app to give it some purpose in life as the smart touch screen for your other MIDI controllers :)

syncanonymous

29 Jan 2019

There is also ReTouch Duo
http://retouchcontrol.com/retouchduo/
ReTouch Duo is basically TouchOSC layouts and lua files for various Reason devices; it's not an app, per se.

I haven't personally used any of these with Reason. I have been using TouchOSC and Midi Designer Pro 2 to control other devices, tho. Coupled with Yamaha BT01 for bluetooth wireless, TouchOSC 's OSC Bridge for wifi or rtpMidi with MDP2 wifi.
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

two shoes

29 Jun 2019

rs touch by a country mile, though the touch osc thing and lemur are welcome options as well!

Sterioevo

29 Jun 2019

ljekio wrote:
29 Jun 2019
Hey, Reason users!
RsTouch, TouchOsc or Lemur?
I have all 3 and lemur gets the most use, by a long way.

Depends on your needs...

Lemurs scripting coupled with customised remote maps allows for the development of an individualised controller or multiple controllers in one project. I use it mainly to control the mixer (Mackie hui with macros...), transport and the midi bus.

Touch Osc can no doubt do most of what lemur can do, I prefer the lemur workflow.

If you want mappings of a range of individual instruments and mixer/transport basics you would be better served with the Delora or rstouch solutions.

doze

29 Jun 2019

RSTouch isn't available in Canadian Store (iOS). 8(

syncanonymous

29 Jun 2019

I don't use my ipads as Reason remote controllers...so far

Since I started trying out these remote apps, I always wanted to control hardware.

I started out with TouchOSC. I had success with TouchOSC controlling some hardware. Then I tried Midi Designer Pro 2 and it is so much more powerful than TouchOSC. Now I have moved completely over to Midi Designer. I do need to get my hands dirty with Lemur, tho, too.

The annoying thing about Midi Designer is layouts are created on the ipad. Often times I'd rather design with a keyboard and mouse and huge screen as you do with Lemur and TouchOSC.

The other vital ingredient is Yamaha BT-01 wireless bluetooth midi adapter, which are wonderful devices. I may have to try with Reason.

Right now I am building a remote control for Lexicon PCM80/81 which is a huge undertaking.

These remote control apps are awesome, imo...especially for controlling rack FX from a distance.

ljekio

30 Jun 2019

doze wrote:
29 Jun 2019
RSTouch isn't available in Canadian Store (iOS). 8(
I thought it was just for my country. Ok, minus one.
Touch Osc can no doubt do most of what lemur can do, I prefer the lemur workflow.
Lemur support was ended? Site is down, fb is not responsed...

Touch osc looks a bit outdated and does not support internal file sharing. But I already bought it, now I don’t know if I need a retouch duo.

reddust

30 Jun 2019

Has somebody tried Metagrid for Reason yet? And do you think it could work for Reason on windows?

Aquila

30 Jun 2019

rsTouch is a brilliant product. Properllerheads would do well incorporating this as an official app.

I used it a lot mixing an album for a friend's band last year and it was so liberating just rolling back in the chair and listening to what I was doing without having to have my hands on a desktop controller: https://www.instagram.com/p/BqU22t6lmu9/

reddust

01 Jul 2019

I downloaded Metagrid yesterday, seems like a very interesting tool as well but some things aren't as intuitive as I wished, I'm trying to get some buttons showing up in their respective views but couldn't manage to do that, otherwise it seemed to work fine. Additionally I got TouchOSC which seems to work nice as well and be a good addition to Metagrid.

I'm still thinking about delora rstouch as it looks good, but most of the REs I use the most doesn't seem to have a rstouch interface yet.

toddbooster

01 Jul 2019

WTF? I own this, and I bought it on the Canadian App Store. Now I cannot re-install it because it's just... gone. This is why we can't have nice things.

EDIT: I take it back. I had a drink and did some deep breathing exercises and remembered there was somewhere to see everything I purchased. But yeah, still gone for anyone that wants to buy it.

Sterioevo

02 Jul 2019

ljekio wrote:
30 Jun 2019
Lemur support was ended? Site is down, fb is not responsed...

Touch osc looks a bit outdated and does not support internal file sharing. But I already bought it, now I don’t know if I need a retouch duo.
Lemur is a rabbit hole. There is a lot to learn from the user library (on the web site - community) and copying elements is quite easy, the user forum is useful and the manual is also pretty decent.
The site was down the other day but back up again just now when I checked.
There is a lot of trial and error, much like working with remote maps - not for the feint hearted...

Again it really comes down to what you want to achieve - the strength with Lemur imo is when developing customised remote maps.
One example use case of Lemur for my needs is a page that has 6 rows of of 16 drawable multi sliders that have bi-directional control of 16 channels of SSL send fx 1-6. This means I can have hands on control of (in this case) the send fx 1-6 for 16 channels, and the cherry on top is I have a macro button that when activated resets all parameters to 0. You can also combine this with macros for the mixer volume levels and have all the send fx as pre fader.

I would be interested to know if meta grid can be setup to turn on/off the record button (not as an override or keyboard control in Reason) on the Drum Sequencer or Poly Step Sequencer - anyone? If it can it is a means to record into these devices away from the mouse.

reddust

02 Jul 2019

Sterioevo wrote:
02 Jul 2019
I would be interested to know if meta grid can be setup to turn on/off the record button (not as an override or keyboard control in Reason) on the Drum Sequencer or Poly Step Sequencer - anyone? If it can it is a means to record into these devices away from the mouse.
I haven't had time to test it further but one of the features of metagrid is that you can set a keyboard shortcut into one of your created buttons, I set one for the play button by just setting the spacebar as a shortcut inside the button options, so I guess setting Ctrl + Enter in another button should fire the record button and then clicking the play button or the one you want to set as the spacebar should stop recording.

toddbooster

02 Jul 2019

FYI and FWIW and all that, I emailed the developer to ask about rsTouch being conspicuously absent from the Canadian App Store. Got a reply that it had indeed been removed and they had no update as to when or if it would ever return. I was also reminded to keep a safe local backup of the support files software.
Something's up, but I'm not very conspiracy minded, so I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing.

ljekio

02 Jul 2019

Removed from appstore for everyone and every countries?

toddbooster

02 Jul 2019

ljekio wrote:
02 Jul 2019
Removed from appstore for everyone and every countries?
They just confirmed removal from the Canadian store for me. So, AFAIK, just Canada and wherever you are located (you mentioned that you thought it was just your store upthread). There may or may not be more, I don't know.

reddust

02 Jul 2019

In the US store it seems to be still available, but when I switch to the German App Store it isn't available either

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rstouch-p ... d551040688

BigPictureSound

07 Jul 2019

reddust wrote:
02 Jul 2019
In the US store it seems to be still available, but when I switch to the German App Store it isn't available either

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rstouch-p ... d551040688
Maybe something to do with GDPR and how the app doesn't actually work until you install a 3rd party script to get it talking with Reason.

No clue, and a wild speculation on my part, but stranger things have happened.

Yonatan

09 Dec 2021

So I just got a basic ipad finally and looking for remoting Reason. Sad to not see rsTouch in app-store,
I so much want to use ipad alongside Reason. Hey, it is 2021…
Are things going backwards?

joeyluck

09 Dec 2021

Yonatan wrote:
09 Dec 2021
So I just got a basic ipad finally and looking for remoting Reason. Sad to not see rsTouch in app-store,
I so much want to use ipad alongside Reason. Hey, it is 2021…
Are things going backwards?
Yeah the ability to purchase was removed from the app store last year and it's only available to download as a legacy product if you purchased it before

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7518833

• Information