Authorizer: Marking Computer as "Lost"

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
NotUnusual

18 Jan 2019

After having to do a system restore on my Windows 10 Pro desktop system (and not deauthorizing my computer first), Propellerhead/Reason say that I "already have licenses on the computer(s) listed below" and that I "must remove all licenses from other computers" before authorizing this computer. Except that this is the same computer, same hardware, software, everything. I contacted PH Support. After a week they finally got back to me, instructing me to use the "I Have Lost This Computer" option in order to reauthorize the software on the machine.

My question to the forum is: are there any potential problems that could result from using the "I have lost this computer" option? Such as, the authorizer still not approving my hardware? I just wanted to check with others before going ahead with the Support-recommended fix. Not that there are actually any other options at this point.

Thanks in advance,

NotUnusual

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2019

No problems. Mark as lost Done it before. Works fine.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

18 Jan 2019

You just noticed the well thought through authorization of PH! Do it, it is ok. AFAIR if you did it 5 times, you need to contact support.
Reason12, Win10

• Information