customer service

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
fhgtr

16 Jan 2019

I recently was sold from Musicians Friend reason 10 upgrade. Unfortunately They didn't sell me the correct upgrade. I asked them before I bought it if it was the correct upgrade and they said it was. I have Reason 10 lite. which i bought from musicians friend only days before.

When i tried to install it Reason said it is not compatible with my Reason 10 Lite. I told them that it was the wrong upgrade and Musicians friend said "Sorry no returns" Seriously I asked them if it was the correct upgrade and they said yes. But since it was their mistake they say "sorry no returns?"

Then Musicians Friend says take it up with PropellerHead, Guess what... they have done nothing except close the ticket i created to as for help.

Am i out of luck. And my money? And stuck with an upgrade that i can not use?

Loque

16 Jan 2019

Sue Musicians Friend. And thanks for the info, i wont buy anything there.
Reason12, Win10

Zac

16 Jan 2019

What upgrade did you get?

There are probably options that can get you to a full version of R10 for a similar price of the upgrade you should have got.

E.g. if your upgrade is for a previous version of Reason full, you could try and buy an old version of Reason 2nd hand and then use the upgrade you have.

Just an example. But i doubt your purchase is a complete loss.

EnochLight

16 Jan 2019

fhgtr wrote:
16 Jan 2019
I recently was sold from Musicians Friend reason 10 upgrade. Unfortunately They didn't sell me the correct upgrade. I asked them before I bought it if it was the correct upgrade and they said it was. I have Reason 10 lite. which i bought from musicians friend only days before.
As Musician's Friend is a US vendor, I'm assuming you're a US citizen. Was this a verbal discussion, or was this an email discussion? Unfortunately verbal discussions can't be confirmed, and in most states they are not a binding agreement. If they wrote you this in an email, though, and then proceeded to sell you the wrong upgrade, you most certainly could sue them in small claims court, but it may be easier just to escalate it up the upper management ladder and provide your email transcripts as proof. It's likely their customer service will relent if they clearly had a rep make a mistake.

Props have nothing to do with this, so I wouldn't expect them to get involved.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Namyo85

16 Jan 2019

Perhaps they should rename the shop 'Musicians Enemy'. (sorry, lol). ))

EnochLight

16 Jan 2019

Namyo85 wrote:
16 Jan 2019
Perhaps they should rename the shop 'Musicians Enemy'. (sorry, lol). ))
:D

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

two shoes

17 Jan 2019

I wish I had better news for you, but my experience with MF (customer support? that's hilarious) and Propellerhead (maybe the worst customer service of any software company I've ever dealt with) says you're probably SOL. in the future i'd suggest Sweetwater as an alternative to MF/Guitar Center - their customer service is much better than any of the other major online music retailers I've dealt with. Unfortunately Propellerhead is the only place you can get Reason, but I'd make sure it's what you really want to use with the 30 day trial before you try to upgrade for the second time cause if you have any problems (including with the "correct" upgrade) you can expect an indifferent response at best from Propellerhead - at least that's been my experience.

If I wasn't 100% certain I'm going to use Reason for the rest of my music making life I'd have sold my license with prejudice and slunk back to the comfy if uninspiring confines of Reaper or Ableton a long time ago. Reason is the only case I can think of where I love a product so much I'm willing to be a loyal, profitable customer of a company who's customer service i've had a consistently terrible experience with.
Last edited by two shoes on 19 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Oberlai

18 Jan 2019

If you actually got a Lite licence out of it, that's not nothing, at least. It will save you $100 if you upgrade Lite to Full in the official shop, so hang on to that.

But I wouldn't give up on MF, keep calling, ask for your money back or a proper upgrade licence. Call them or email them every single day until they'd rather give in than endure one more day of you.

Maybe they gave you an upgrade for a previous full version of Reason, and not for Lite?

EnochLight

18 Jan 2019

I hate to be "that guy", but let's be real: the OP hasn't been back since making his first and only post, and every upgrade box or product page clearly has it written which version it upgrades. I just looked at the MF website, and all of the upgrades they sell clearly tell what it upgrades, so either 1. the OP can't read, or 2. the OP didn't know what version of Reason they had to begin with, which goes back to point 1.

I'm not saying that MF isn't at fault either by telling the OP that what product they were looking at would apply, but I feel like something is missing (as in, where is the OP)? :o :shock: :?

• Information