Reason Station

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
come1

11 Jan 2019

Who used to hangout on the mighty RS? What happened to it?

EnochLight

11 Jan 2019

come1 wrote:
11 Jan 2019
Who used to hangout on the mighty RS? What happened to it?
* raises hand *

It was literally the only Reason community outside of the Props own forums in the early 2000's all the way up to when it folded (which, I can't remember when it did). I remember it getting pretty shitty before it disappeared, though. Not sure if it was just a general lack of mods or the malaise that set in from all the ads that were being ran.

I'm guessing it folded because it took a lot of bandwidth - they allowed the hosting and sharing of Reason song files during its heyday - and it cost a lot of money to run it. I don't think the ads paid enough to make it worth the mods time.

On an aside, I really hope this community doesn't go away. I know it costs a shit ton of money for the hosting and bandwidth, yet there's no revenue stream to speak of (that I'm aware of).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

DiZo

11 Jan 2019

here ! good reason stuff on RS with reason why (japanese)

the time of pegasus ^^ Doru malaia and co :) on ph forum

DiZo

11 Jan 2019

news from Peff?

EnochLight

11 Jan 2019

DiZo wrote:
11 Jan 2019
news from Peff?
Peff is still around, but he doesn't come here much (if at all). He's pretty active on Facebook, though.
DiZo wrote:
11 Jan 2019
That guy died. :(
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Reminiscence

11 Jan 2019

There was also CombinatorHQ. Got alot of nice patches from it back in the heyday...

Electric-Metal

11 Jan 2019

Reminiscence wrote:
11 Jan 2019
There was also CombinatorHQ. Got alot of nice patches from it back in the heyday...
CombinatorHQ is still alive... well, more or less.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Exowildebeest

11 Jan 2019

EnochLight wrote:
11 Jan 2019
DiZo wrote:
11 Jan 2019
news from Peff?
Peff is still around, but he doesn't come here much (if at all). He's pretty active on Facebook, though.
DiZo wrote:
11 Jan 2019
That guy died. :(
I remember finding Doru Malaia's refills when I was 15 or something, half my life ago, using a warez version of Reason, discovering this wonderful new world of sound - and of community, as I realize in retrospect that Doru was probably the first other individual that I got patches from, introducing me to refills and patches from "the community". Then Doru became the first community member, in my time with Reason and to my knowledge, to die. I still have his refills, files dated 15 years ago...

We've lost more people since then.

Sorry, your sad smiley made me sentimental :cry:

But this also motivates to share more patches, refills and even RE's (Hamu!) - living on in the Reason rack is a beautiful thing :)

Zac

11 Jan 2019

AutoArp rules. Brian of black and orange. I will always remember.

EnochLight

11 Jan 2019

Zac wrote:
11 Jan 2019
AutoArp rules. Brian of black and orange. I will always remember.
Its GUI/UX was ahead of the RE SDK time. Still a brilliant device - essentially one of the first "Players", IMHO.

Skimrok

11 Jan 2019

Oh wow that’s just made me sad, I had lots of his refills from back in the day I have to re look for them and try and make something in his spirit
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

jappe

12 Jan 2019

It was a nice place.
Graveyard found here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020101000 ... tation.net

estuary

12 Jan 2019

Exowildebeest wrote:
11 Jan 2019
... I remember finding Doru Malaia's refills when I was 15 or something, half my life ago, using a warez version of Reason, discovering this wonderful new world of sound - and of community, as I realize in retrospect that Doru was probably the first other individual that I got patches from, introducing me to refills and patches from "the community" ...
Oh yes probably same as you, I can remember this feeling.

Actually few days ago, I was just organizing my "refills folders" and I found a lot of Doru Malaia's old refills.
(By the way I was wondering why I got that one : DoruMALAIA-Sex!Sex!Sex!.refill :geek:)

Then ... just out of curiosity, I checked his website and I noticed not updates for a while, but I didn't know he passed away :puf_unhappy:

• Information