Recording a rack synth directly as an audio track

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2019

Never mind...I'm RTFM :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mon

07 Jan 2019

Yeap, you are right! Hit the record source button of the track with your instrument. Now you can choose this track as a source in the drop down menu with the audio inputs on the destination (recording) track. Just be sure to check stereo input first, if your synth chain is using both left an right channels.
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2019

mon wrote:
07 Jan 2019
Yeap, you are right! Hit the record source button of the track with your instrument. Now you can choose this track as a source in the drop down menu with the audio inputs on the destination (recording) track. Just be sure to check stereo input first, if your synth chain is using both left an right channels.
Thanks for replying...you must have done so while I was RTFM. I think I'm finally starting to learn that building IKEA furniture and using Reason is much easier if you look at the instructions first :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

07 Jan 2019

Wouldn't it be just as viable to just record the synth part then bounce in place?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2019

Creativemind wrote:
07 Jan 2019
Wouldn't it be just as viable to just record the synth part then bounce in place?
That’s what I would have done except that it’s a glitch noise generator which isn’t played by midi. The machine only runs when the transport starts playing. So it doesn’t play in the conventional sense as an instrument. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

08 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
08 Jan 2019
Creativemind wrote:
07 Jan 2019
That’s what I would have done except that it’s a glitch noise generator which isn’t played by midi. The machine only runs when the transport starts playing. So it doesn’t play in the conventional sense as an instrument. :)
Ahhh I see.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

EdGrip

08 Jan 2019

I love a bit of "Rec source" resampling!

• Information