redrum v kong ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sleep1979

07 Jan 2019

hi I have reason intro , so I put all my drums onto one Kong and out to 7 mix channels so I can mix them all individually , and also so I sort of get 23 tracks instead of 16 ( -1 for kong ) , I have noticed I can get more with redrum it has 10 pairs of outputs as opposed to Kong's stereo 7 , the question I have here are the redrums outputs stereo? , I know this may sound dumb as their pairs ( sorry if it is dunb just double checking ) , but my poor redrum sitting there I discounted its services then I just gave the little man a look and 10 juicy inputs nice ! ,

EggplantTown

07 Jan 2019

You load samples, they are samplers. So if the sample is stereo the output will be too. Stock samples are stereo. You can use mclass imager to process to mono/stereo.

sleep1979

07 Jan 2019

EggplantTown wrote:
07 Jan 2019
You load samples, they are samplers. So if the sample is stereo the output will be too. Stock samples are stereo. You can use mclass imager to process to mono/stereo.
COOL I knew it was a dumb question but just making sure as they sound different and I see something about the step sequencer being monophonic I have no idea what that means , this has made my intro version massive now especially since i can output the snares kics to separate midi lanes to adjust , and mix channels so i basically get all my drums on one track leaving 15 free for everything else more than enough cheers

EggplantTown

07 Jan 2019

I don't know how it works with reason intro but can you not make a combinator and add a mixer in the combinator and then use multiple redrums/kongs as one track? it's a limit on tracks not instruments right? so if you add 2 kongs maybe you can right click and delete their automatically added tracks and use the combinators one.

sleep1979

07 Jan 2019

EggplantTown wrote:
07 Jan 2019
I don't know how it works with reason intro but can you not make a combinator and add a mixer in the combinator and then use multiple redrums/kongs as one track? it's a limit on tracks not instruments right? so if you add 2 kongs maybe you can right click and delete their automatically added tracks and use the combinators one.

id rather do it the way im doing it then i can use the ssl mixer i dont need more than 10 tracks for drums and mix channels are not limited only actual instrument /audio tracks so for one kong i get 7 stereo tracks or 14 mono and in redrum 10 ( stereo I hope lol ) , the reason to output them to separate mix channels is so they can have there own track in the mixer which i can add effects on from vst or rack extensions a workaround but a very do -able and easy one cheers pal just wnated to know if redrum is strereo thanks man

sleep1979

07 Jan 2019

this is how I do it so i'm only using three tracks so far one for bass and lead one for redrum all routed to mix channels
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (564.57 KiB) Viewed 812 times
Last edited by sleep1979 on 07 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Rason

08 Jan 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
EggplantTown wrote:
07 Jan 2019
COOL I knew it was a dumb question but just making sure as they sound different and I see something about the step sequencer being monophonic I have no idea what that means , this has made my intro version massive now especially since i can output the snares kics to separate midi lanes to adjust , and mix channels so i basically get all my drums on one track leaving 15 free for everything else more than enough cheers
Monophonic >> able to play only one note at a time.

sent using Tapatalk

• Information