Achieving desired timbre in Shreddage II

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CYSYS8993

06 Jan 2019

Hello, I just got Shreddage II but I've been unable to achieve the kind of realistic punk/heavy metal lead guitar sound I was hoping for. I tried searching tutorials myself but none of them were very relevant to my issue. (Skip to 0:47 to get the idea the kind of lead guitar sound I'm looking for)

I tweaked every parameter available and not much luck either.
Attachments
Crappy Shreddage II melody.mp3
The crappy timbre I've got right now
(176.07 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

eusti

06 Jan 2019

Not a guitarist, but I'd say you'd definitely need some amp simulation and some distortion.
Not sure what Reason version you are on, but try what came with Reason first (Line 6 or Softube) and experiment with that...

D.

esselfortium

06 Jan 2019

Check out Kuassa's amp sims, they're fantastic. In my experience it's hard to go wrong with Caliburn and/or Creme.

https://shop.propellerheads.com/browse/ ... per=Kuassa
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

chimp_spanner

07 Jan 2019

esselfortium wrote:
06 Jan 2019
Check out Kuassa's amp sims, they're fantastic. In my experience it's hard to go wrong with Caliburn and/or Creme.

https://shop.propellerheads.com/browse/ ... per=Kuassa
I’ll second that. They sound great.

Also spend some time configuring the articulations in the interface. In particular you want to adjust the palm mutes. There’s a control for tightness which by default is way too loose/sustained. And there’s also another that I can’t re,e,her the name of. I think it’s layer? Or something like that. Again the default is really sloppy but there’s a setting that works really well for rock and metal.

CYSYS8993

07 Jan 2019

eusti wrote:
06 Jan 2019
Not a guitarist, but I'd say you'd definitely need some amp simulation and some distortion.
Not sure what Reason version you are on, but try what came with Reason first (Line 6 or Softube) and experiment with that...

D.
My version is 9.5.4d5.

Oquasec

07 Jan 2019

I don't think you used any processing on the sound you just went in raw
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

CYSYS8993

08 Jan 2019

Is that the problem? I thought I could modify the timbres with the plugin alone when I purchased it but guess I was wrong.

• Information