Bounce in place output delay..help

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RustyShakleforde

04 Jan 2019

Hello,

I have noticed when I bounce in place there is a delay at the start of the bounced audio. I'm away from my comp but sure its like 2 ms, which obv put things out of sync. I zoom in, trim and pull back to bar, or alt I have been recording the track I want to bounce to an audio track as a work around.

Does it have something to do with buffer settings?

I'm running a one year old custom laptop, plenty cpu etc. Using maschine mk3 as audio interface, but also happens when I use my m audio m track. Any tips? Thank you

Loque

05 Jan 2019

PDC is on? A VST or RE? What patch build up? So many questions...
Reason12, Win10

RustyShakleforde

05 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
05 Jan 2019
PDC is on? A VST or RE? What patch build up? So many questions...
Ah, fair enough i prob should have been more specific.

Ive seen it happen with various combinations of RE's and VSTs. Two most recent were bounced Redrum with factory soundbank multiband comp patch. Last night happened with thor running through etch red (distortion and filter, not a lot of modulation going on though) then Ozone 8 (with eq, exciter, comp.)

I get what you are getting at though. Its obviously dependent on chains etc. which i should have known. I guess i didn't fully think through how the bounce to audio would work. I thought it would just spit out exactly what i right clicked on, but obv the delay comp is affecting it, or something. Delay comp is on.

I have only recently started bouncing to audio more as i am using more multiband etc which is eating up my cpu. I noticed this delay at the start of all my clips so as i said before i started recording as audio, but this is time consuming sometimes and slows things down. I opened Bitwig and bounced in place and noticed the bounce process with a similar amount of processing is much quicker (the actual rendering), but i think i still got the slight delay.

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Ill go look elsewhere too. I just thought id fire up a quick q here. Didn't think it through.

Thanks

Loque

05 Jan 2019

Ok, the most common problems are not the case here, well, except maybe a weird routing. You can check the backside of the Mix Chanel if Reason has detected a weird routing.
pdc.jpg
pdc.jpg (63.55 KiB) Viewed 323 times

If this is not the case, some of your used devices (RE or VST) is not reporting their delay and cannot be compensated. You can try this manually if you know which one and how big the delay is by adjusting the "Adjust" on the backside.
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

05 Jan 2019

Ozone is adding a very large delay to the signal passing through.

• Information