Ph balance

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
changnoi

04 Jan 2019

I got onr of these audio inst input /midi blocks not realising it was mainly for guitarists (im kb) so never really used it except it worked ok, but it contains my authenticator key inside (like ignition key) so i cant just sell it on or Im giving my key away. dont want to cheat Ph, they have been good to me

What do I do before putting it on ebay? :redface:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2019

Deauthorize it on your Propellerheads account
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

changnoi

04 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
04 Jan 2019
Deauthorize it on your Propellerheads account

and what can the buyer do - just re-authorise it with his own account? is it that simple?

sorry to sound pedantic but you know how this kind of thing can screw you an i dont want an unhappy customer

tibah

04 Jan 2019

You remove the license from Balance. It works like an iginition key. License transfer are also not possible if a license is still written to your Balance. License transfer is a form you have to use and enter the new owner's PH account details. The license will show up in his account and he can write the license to the device he wants, including the newer soft authorization, which doesn't need a hardware dongle/Balance or internet verification.

That said, are you selling Balance or Reason as well?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2019

Your Account
Products
Click on authorize
You should see Balance on the list there (if you've previously authorized it)
Click on deauthorize and all licenses will be removed from Balance
Done
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

changnoi

04 Jan 2019

tibah wrote:
04 Jan 2019
You remove the license from Balance. It works like an iginition key. License transfer are also not possible if a license is still written to your Balance. License transfer is a form you have to use and enter the new owner's PH account details. The license will show up in his account and he can write the license to the device he wants, including the newer soft authorization, which doesn't need a hardware dongle/Balance or internet verification.

That said, are you selling Balance or Reason as well?
no way i just ug to R10

the guitarist box is no use to me

changnoi

08 Jan 2019

Well after much time wasting - I was beginning to despair - should I bin it?. It turns out that the authoriser is a very clunky system, it freezes and you dont know why - eventually it suddenly worked and everything was strightforward after that. Has anyone else experience authorizer problems?

I can now put it on Ebay with confidence that the buyer should only have to plug it in and authorise it as a new product :puf_smile:

Will post the link if any guitarists interested :PUF_balance:

Incidentally Balance doesnt show up on your rack but then neither does your usb keyboard - unless I missed something? :question:

ebay link
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273645677133
Last edited by changnoi on 08 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.

eusti

08 Jan 2019

changnoi wrote:
08 Jan 2019

Incidentally Balance doesnt show up on your rack but then neither does your usb keyboard - unless I missed something? :question:

Will post ebay link
Only factory devices and various plugins (REs & VST) show up in the rack.

D.

changnoi

08 Jan 2019

Kind of illogical dont you think?

eusti

08 Jan 2019

changnoi wrote:
08 Jan 2019
You might think so, but the sooner you accept how a program works the sooner you actually get to work with it.

D.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2019

changnoi wrote:
08 Jan 2019
Why would you want Balance to show in the Rack? You can see it right there on your desk beside your keyboard. Or have I missed something?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

changnoi

08 Jan 2019

Learning Reasons is not exactly a walk in the park

When I was on R7 I bought a comprhensive reference manual "Anselmis Rason 101 visual guide" monster 356pp 1 1/2" thick, which confuse the hell out of me and was totally intimidating

The keyboard and Balance are both Midi in devices and its useful to know exactly where in the rack they are plugged in. You might want to route it differently. They dont show up in the sequencer either. It seems inconsistent to me. I agree that maybe seeing a keyboard in the rack somewhere may not be particularly useful (unless the knobs and sliders nutter get hold of it and lavish it with bells and whistles), maybe it might be useful to display the midi settings programmed on the keyboards - I am not a midi phreak

btw can you assign a channel to a kb, and another to balance, so you can play the two together?

In a moog say you would know where said devices were and where they were routed, unless I am missing something cos I am not expert. Remember you were once a newbie and maybe help wasnt available back then

No one has said midi router- here's what you need "Edit/preferences/control surfaces" , like the incredibly useful little refill "Selig noteview" thats transposes you kb on its way to the rack - for £8 thats a bargain

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2019

changnoi wrote:
08 Jan 2019

btw can you assign a channel to a kb, and another to balance, so you can play the two together?
You don't "play" Balance man. It's an audio interface.
Or do you mean record from Balance at the same time as you're playing a keyboard in Reason?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

changnoi

08 Jan 2019

Actually I not quite right Balance is an audio /USB input device presumably going to the sound card (Asio?). How it gets into the rack and where is a mystery. Ive never tried to record from it, i dont have a guitar, so I dont know how thats done - should look up the handbook but cant be assed

I used an analog computer EAI mod TR10 (like a moog but no kb) Fascinating to plug in all those leads and plot results on an XY recorder. Now that was cooking on gas

So for me its nonsense that Reason sets out to simulate the 19" rack yet the ext kb and audio input are hidden in the system

changnoi

08 Jan 2019

Why have any of you experts mentioned "External Midi Instrument"
Isnt this what I have been looking for? Kerriste!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2019

changnoi wrote:
08 Jan 2019

Isnt this what I have been looking for? Kerriste!
Only you can answer that question man.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

eusti

08 Jan 2019

I think this would be the time to actually read the manual or watch some videos about how Reason actually works. It seems you just assume things and insist that they should work this way.

D.

changnoi

08 Jan 2019

if only it were that simple, i got a 356pp super manual and it confused the hell out of me and left me demoralised. Most of the videos are made by well meaning amateurs and of poor educational quality, unscripted, foreign english, spoken too fast to follow, hundreds of them all competing for your click and attention

Reason (and any other modern program) should work intuitively as far as possible, with plenty of tips flags. Its just script kiddie indolence that these are often missing
I shall try and look for a professional tutor package - as I did a few years back without success

jam-s

08 Jan 2019

changnoi wrote:
08 Jan 2019
if only it were that simple, i got a 356pp super manual and it confused the hell out of me and left me demoralised. Most of the videos are made by well meaning amateurs and of poor educational quality, unscripted, foreign english, spoken too fast to follow, hundreds of them all competing for your click and attention

Reason (and any other modern program) should work intuitively as far as possible, with plenty of tips flags. Its just script kiddie indolence that these are often missing
I shall try and look for a professional tutor package - as I did a few years back without success
No need for any third party tutoring or manuals. The original user manuals are really good: https://help.propellerheads.com/hc/en-u ... Help-Files (read esp. the "Operation Manual")

Besides the audio interface (=balance) and midi keyboards are present in the rack under the non removable "hardware interface" section.

changnoi

08 Jan 2019

operations manual 1330 pp of serious stuff. I found the hardware interface at the top but it just says no midi input with my usb kb plugged in, will have to read the book for details something im not doing right

thanx 10^6 jams

Robin

jam-s

08 Jan 2019

You're very welcome. It's a lot to take in (esp. as Reason got pretty complex after version 5).

OldSchoolSkunk

09 Jan 2019

If you have a usb keyboard connected to your computer.. as of the current update 10.2.2 Propellerhead made it easier to detect it and configure it quick so you can start working in Reason without worrying about setup.

The no midi input you see in the advanced midi interface.. means you have no midi keyboards assigned to a channel and device ... this would be for if you wanted to use external midi instruments to play devices inside reason (example you want to perform like a band and you have 2 keyboardists that have midi controllers of their own but no sounds.. you could set one up to play as Thor synth on ch1 and the other keyboard can play a Subtractor on ch 2) this bypasses the Reason sequencer so you wouldn't use this unless you want to work with external devices triggering or playing the device sounds inside Reason another example using a electronic drum set to play drum sounds in Reason. The External Midi Instrument lets you record midi data from your controller and send it out to an external midi instrument (i.e synth.. drum machine etc.) but to hear it in Reason .. you have to have an audio interface to plug the device into to hear it over your monitors plus record it onto an audio track. I hope this helps .. but like others said.. Reason's help manual is well written you really don't need a 3 party manual unless its a guide helping with best practice suggestions to using Reason.

bitley

18 Dec 2020

Hi guys! I have the Balance interface connected to my Mac but I would like to deauthroize it to get rid of the CODEMETER icon on the desktop. It's strange because I always need to login to use Reason anyway. And I checked pheads site and they say it's possible to deauthorize on the page link they have there but it's not. I can only authorize or deauthorize the computer. So how do I do it? Thanks!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
18 Dec 2020
Hi guys! I have the Balance interface connected to my Mac but I would like to deauthroize it to get rid of the CODEMETER icon on the desktop. It's strange because I always need to login to use Reason anyway. And I checked pheads site and they say it's possible to deauthorize on the page link they have there but it's not. I can only authorize or deauthorize the computer. So how do I do it? Thanks!
Reinstall Codemeter and the Balance Drivers. When
You go in on your account you’ll see thenAuthoruze button. Click that and it’ll search for ignition keys. It should find Balance. Just be aware that if you deauthorize it you probably won’t ever be able to authorize it again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

18 Dec 2020

Ok! Actually simply by installing CM seemed to remove that pesky icon :D

• Information