Help needed: Zoom in/out not working in sequencer

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ionly

04 Jan 2019

Hi,
really scratching my head over this one: since migrating from Win 10 to MacOS Mojave, Reason's sequencer zoom is not working properly. I can zoom in with the slider, but zooming out is not functioning as before. The quick zoom function is not working either when I highlight the track in question. I've tried re-positioning the End marker, etc. and had a look in the Options menu to check if there's something I've overlooked, but still no joy. Basically, I've imported a wav file that is approx. 5 mins in duration and want to see the start and end in the sequencer, but can't zoom out to achieve this. The file plays ok. Please help!

ionly

04 Jan 2019

UPDATE:
It seems the zoom function will only work when the browser pane on the left is hidden, or when the focus is on the sequencer ONLY. This wasn't the case when running on Win 10. Darn, the quirks of changing operating systems!

m.arthur

04 Jan 2019

Odd, I'm on a Mac, running OSX Sierra, and I do not have the behavior you're describing, so I think it's too soon to attribute this to your operating system change....

WongoTheSane

04 Jan 2019

Seeing that you've switching from PC to Mac, you're not still using the Ctrl key to zoom, are you? Because the equivalent of Ctrl on a Mac is Command, not Ctrl, so Command + wheel should work.

WeLoveYouToo

08 Jan 2019

just push the “z” button anytime you want to automatically fit the selected clip on screen. doing 5is on a wav file thats 5 mins long will zoom to 5 mins.

evolve187

09 Jan 2019

don't forget about the G & H keys for quick zooming in and out. My most used shortcuts by far!
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

• Information