Rhodes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
changnoi

02 Jan 2019

Sawa'dee pee mai

Hi guys can any kind user suggest the nearest I can get to the old Rhodes piano sound :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2019

changnoi wrote:
02 Jan 2019
Sawa'dee pee mai

Hi guys can any kind user suggest the nearest I can get to the old Rhodes piano sound :D
RE: Radical Keys
VST: Lounge Lizard
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

02 Jan 2019

changnoi wrote:
02 Jan 2019
Sawa'dee pee mai

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... v/overview
https://www.applied-acoustics.com/lounge-lizard-ep-4/
Reason12, Win10

splangie

02 Jan 2019

I like Radical Keys.

changnoi

02 Jan 2019

thanx guys lounge was certainly ott, so many bells and whistles
arturia offer a free 20 min demo so I may look at that

Iwas rather expecting there to be patches within reasons than are similar, but all rather organ sounding

i looked in R8 a few years back but all too organic

will try radical piano

cheers

esselfortium

02 Jan 2019

There should be some good rhodes patches in the factory sound bank. The old ElectroMechanical refill was merged into the factory bank a couple versions ago, and that had rhodes, pianet, organ, and other keyboards in it, so they should be findable with a bit of digging.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

FlowerSoldier

02 Jan 2019

I always liked the NN-XT RhodesMkII patch. Slap a Rotor on it and it sounds pretty good.

changnoi

02 Jan 2019

esselfortium wrote:
02 Jan 2019
There should be some good rhodes patches in the factory sound bank. The old ElectroMechanical refill was merged into the factory bank a couple versions ago, and that had rhodes, pianet, organ, and other keyboards in it, so they should be findable with a bit of digging.
Well thats the problem WHERE factory sounds has 20+ categories + 100 sub folder + 1000 patches, nothing about electromechanical refil

needel in a haystack unless you know the obscure corner

Is there a way to search for this? :(

aeox
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2019

Factory bank has:

Gig Rhodes

Ready Rhodes

Super Stereo Rhodes

Which all sound pretty good to me. Of course you can add some effects to make them better.

aeox
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2019

changnoi wrote:
02 Jan 2019
esselfortium wrote:
02 Jan 2019
Well thats the problem WHERE factory sounds has 20+ categories + 100 sub folder + 1000 patches, nothing about electromechanical refil

needel in a haystack unless you know the obscure corner

Is there a way to search for this? :(

changnoi

02 Jan 2019

Holy schweppes batman hundreds of samples - didnt have this a few years back in R8. Beats having to lay out $100 for an ext vst

will report progress

I just have a thing about the original rhodes and its mechanical bars. EPs came out and swamped the circuit but never really had that special sound . Musician like brian auger, georgie fame etc had the same view of the tone wheel hammond

Robin

esselfortium

02 Jan 2019

changnoi wrote:
02 Jan 2019
Holy schweppes batman hundreds of samples - didnt have this a few years back in R8. Beats having to lay out $100 for an ext vst

will report progress

I just have a thing about the original rhodes and its mechanical bars. EPs came out and swamped the circuit but never really had that special sound . Musician like brian auger, georgie fame etc had the same view of the tone wheel hammond

Robin
Okay, I found them. Under NN-XT Sampler Patches in the Factory Sounds refill, go to the Piano folder and scroll down to the MK I and MK II patches. Those are the rhodes from ElectroMechanical.

I have no idea why these 1) seemingly don't exist in the more streamlined Reason Sounds refill, and 2) were dropped into the factory bank with none of the folder organization they originally had in ElectroMechanical. But, there they are.

There are also some ElectroMechanical patches with effects, under these folders:
Factory Sounds > Combinator Patches > Piano and Keyboard > Electric Piano
Factory Sounds > Combinator Patches > Piano and Keyboard > Misc Keyboard
Factory Sounds > Combinator Patches > Organ
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

m.arthur

02 Jan 2019

I've tried many.
The best one, by every measure imho, is The Canterbury Suitcase for Kontakt by Sonic Couture.

I record / play dark jazz music, so having a good rhodes emulation is a first-level priority. Many disappointed me, including many named so far in this thread. The Cantebury Suitcase ended that search for good!

changnoi

02 Jan 2019

m.arthur wrote:
02 Jan 2019
I've tried many.
The best one, by every measure imho, is The Canterbury Suitcase for Kontakt by Sonic Couture.

I record / play dark jazz music, so having a good rhodes emulation is a first-level priority. Many disappointed me, including many named so far in this thread. The Cantebury Suitcase ended that search for good!
Nice plug - £140, not much of a demo for that price ;)

i always get suspicious confronted with a hyperbolic website with superlative reviewers :mrgreen:

aeox
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2019

m.arthur wrote:
02 Jan 2019
I've tried many.

We're talking about free stuff vs paying an arm and a leg.

If money is on the table, there are tons of really good options but it's best to eliminate the free choices first in my opinion

guitfnky

02 Jan 2019

I use Addictive Keys’ Mark One VST. not sure how it stacks against other VSTs, but it beats the Factory Soundbank stuff by a great distance (I’m guessing Radical Keys, too). Rhodes...such a pretty sound... 😃
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

changnoi

02 Jan 2019

guitfnky wrote:
02 Jan 2019
I use Addictive Keys’ Mark One VST. not sure how it stacks against other VSTs, but it beats the Factory Soundbank stuff by a great distance (I’m guessing Radical Keys, too). Rhodes...such a pretty sound... 😃

if you use it well which one of your sound clouds feature adk?

guitfnky

02 Jan 2019

changnoi wrote:
02 Jan 2019
guitfnky wrote:
02 Jan 2019

if you use it well which one of your sound clouds feature adk?
I just got it this year, so I don’t think I’ve got it on any released tracks yet. I just finished the music for a tune a couple of weeks ago for the album I’m working on, and it sounds amazing.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

QVprod

02 Jan 2019

Best to me is Neo Soul Keys Studio. Sounds the most like the real thing to me. The options in the Factory sound bank are ok. but If you are particular about the Rhodes sound, not so much. Same with Radical Keys, and others like Lounge Lizard and Scarbee Mark I. Good sounding but lacking the realness. Expensive at $199 (includes 2 different rhodes models, wurli, clav and others), but they do quite a few sales throughout the year. https://neosoulkeys.com/

hurricane
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2019

Go to pluginboutique and get yourself the 3 for 3 Christmas 2018 bundle which is like 3 bucks then in the cart you'll get the chance to add AAS's Session bundle for FREE (a $99 value) and in that you'll get Lounge Lizard Session without the bells and whistles you're welcome.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

zumBeispiel

03 Jan 2019

Last edited by zumBeispiel on 13 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2019

zumBeispiel wrote:
03 Jan 2019

Velvet 2 is on offer at Plugin Boutique for € 16.87 instead of € 77.80:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 9-Velvet-2
How does it compare to Radical Keys?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sonicbyte

03 Jan 2019

"Matt's 8 Layer Suitcase Rhodes" refill it's free and sounds decent.

Cheers

changnoi

03 Jan 2019

sonicbyte wrote:
03 Jan 2019
"Matt's 8 Layer Suitcase Rhodes" refill it's free and sounds decent.

Cheers
and the links is? :(

changnoi

03 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jan 2019
zumBeispiel wrote:
03 Jan 2019

Velvet 2 is on offer at Plugin Boutique for € 16.87 instead of € 77.80:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 9-Velvet-2
How does it compare to Radical Keys?
is this a commercial plug?

been there, no demo vids

should i waste my time dl a demo patch? So much of this stuff is all knobs and sliders and tons of BS. Such a lot of schwepps about :evil:

• Information