Disable midi device from preferences? 10.2

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Re8et
Competition Winner

01 Jan 2019

On reason 10.2 I'm trying to connect some Ctrlr editors by usb midi, I was using this editors before with standalone midi-usb cables, without problems, but when I tried to connect directly without the cables, just by usb, I had to tell Reason not to listen to those usb.midi.audio interfaces (Roland Boutique D05...) otherwise the editor won't work.
But I can't.
I thought to be able from easy input bu no.
I have no idea how to do that.

Any idea???

ty and happy new year :redface:
ctrlr input-output.JPG
ctrlr input-output.JPG (76.14 KiB) Viewed 187 times

Re8et
Competition Winner

01 Jan 2019

Original message to prop:

--------

HNY.

Hi, I got some new problems, none of the editors is making a connection anymore with new settings.
New settings mean no usb midi device that goes physically in with DIN-5 midi, but just the
default usb connection and drivers for the Boutiques (D05-Sh01A-Jp08).

There's one caveat, I do not know how to tell my Daw (Reason 10.2) how not to listen to the
usb-midi of the Boutiques... so... am I fxxxxd? :D

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

i didn't understand the problem, but a "new Midi connection" is only displayed in the editor Midi menu if the "new Midi connection" is active before the editor start (Connected to the PC/MAC).

And on Windows the Midi connection to be used in the editor must be deactivated in the DAW (Reason) in the "DAW - Midi Settings". (not valid for MAC).

Greeting, Momo

/////////////////////////////////////////

wut....gif
wut....gif (50.6 KiB) Viewed 174 times

• Information