HELP!!!! Notes changing key by themselves

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Caztrix

20 Dec 2018

Hi all, I hope you're all having a great festive season!

I'm having a massive issue with notes just randomly changing key on their own.

Please, could somebody point me in the right direction here because It is becoming impossible to write music with the constant change in key!!!
Now before anyone says to check the vst or machine, it is happening on every machine, sometimes often on one and not on the other, then on all of them, then just two...and so on.

Any help would be much appreciated...btw I'm using Reason 9 if that makes any dif!

TIA!

Caztrix

Loque

20 Dec 2018

Dusty midi keyboards pitch wheel?
Reason12, Win10

Caztrix

20 Dec 2018

That may VERY well be mate thank you!
I'll give it good clean and see if that helps and if not, well I hope there will be more advice that follows!

Caztrix

20 Dec 2018

Unfortunately not the Mido keyboard...unplugged it to test but no joy, still bouncing around different keys. Thanks though. :thumbs_up:

kuhliloach

20 Dec 2018

any chance the master tune in Preferences was changed?

FlowerSoldier

20 Dec 2018

When is this happening? When you play your midi controller or in the sequencer? Do you have a player in a Combi that might be causing this?
I'm just spitballing here.
I think we need more info to help with this.

ScuzzyEye

21 Dec 2018

Also is it one particular song file, or all?

timbuk295

22 Dec 2018

I'm guessing this is unlikely, but do you have any CV patched to any 'pitch' or 'note' inputs anywhere in your rack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caztrix

25 Dec 2018

kuhliloach wrote:
20 Dec 2018
any chance the master tune in Preferences was changed?
Thanks for the input mate but no I have checked that and the problem is an intermittent one, so I'm guessing that if the master tune changed it would always be that way.

Caztrix

25 Dec 2018

FlowerSoldier wrote:
20 Dec 2018
When is this happening? When you play your midi controller or in the sequencer? Do you have a player in a Combi that might be causing this?
I'm just spitballing here.
I think we need more info to help with this.
H soldier
It happens on and off at random times both with the controller and in the sequencer.
I had thought that at first (A player in the Combi that may be pitching) but alas it is happening on standard reason machines with no automation or attached fx etc.
Spitball away, please! I have just got a great set of new referencing headphones so I can finally mix down my tracks and master...and now this...soooo frustrating!!!!

Caztrix

25 Dec 2018

timbuk295 wrote:
22 Dec 2018
I'm guessing this is unlikely, but do you have any CV patched to any 'pitch' or 'note' inputs anywhere in your rack?

Hey Tim, thank you for your input and yes that thought had also crossed my mind but I could not find any and also it has happened before on the first machine in the rack initialised and all....... :?

Caztrix

25 Dec 2018

ScuzzyEye wrote:
21 Dec 2018
Also is it one particular song file, or all?
Thank you for your question Scuz, it's all!!! That is what is making this so dam hard to source the issue
:thumbdown:

kuhliloach

25 Dec 2018

Maybe your MIDI controller is sending pitch wheel info when it shouldn't be? Maybe delete it within preferences and re-add?

Caztrix

28 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
20 Dec 2018
Well, Logue...turns out you were right!
I unplugged the midi keyboard to test the theory and it was still happening but it must have cached the change or something as it kept doing it.

Then, after moving some things around and forgetting to plug the midi back in the problem stopped and it was only once I needed to play the midi again I plugged it back in and the problem came back!

So it's all good now thanks again!

Loque

28 Dec 2018

Caztrix wrote:
28 Dec 2018
Loque wrote:
20 Dec 2018
Well, Logue...turns out you were right!
I unplugged the midi keyboard to test the theory and it was still happening but it must have cached the change or something as it kept doing it.

Then, after moving some things around and forgetting to plug the midi back in the problem stopped and it was only once I needed to play the midi again I plugged it back in and the problem came back!

So it's all good now thanks again!
UW. Good you got it sorted out. My old keyboard sends controllers too or is hopping instead of smooth moving. Need to clean it sometime :-)
Reason12, Win10

• Information