Scrolling in the rack is so janky

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
flexluthor

01 Jan 2019

Holy shit, that works! Thanks man. Thats crazy.

Props quality control is absolute trash nowadays. Its insane that a setting like that could fix the entire app.

flexluthor

01 Jan 2019

Holy shit, that works! Thanks man. Thats crazy.

Props quality control is absolute trash nowadays. Its insane that a setting like that could fix the entire app.

Oquasec

01 Jan 2019

it actually sounds like you want propellerhead to rewrite their code to not be affected by dpi or screen resolution in the modern era.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

moneykube

01 Jan 2019

OFF wrote:
31 Dec 2018
To fixe this problem you have to go in Setting => Display => Color => choose "sRGB IEC61966-2.1".
Propellerhead didn't optimized the colors of Reason for the default LCD Color.
And normally everyone with this problem could enjoy and be happy after ;) .

HAPPY NEW YEAR guys !!!
:thumbs_up: happy new year to you... going to try this :exclamation:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

plaamook

01 Jan 2019

Wow...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

fullforce

02 Jan 2019

Oquasec wrote:
01 Jan 2019
it actually sounds like you want propellerhead to rewrite their code to not be affected by dpi or screen resolution in the modern era.
Who are you replying to anyway?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

flexluthor

02 Jan 2019

I can’t believe changing the color profile fixes this, but it does. Absolutely crazy.

What the hell Propellerhead. Ive never seen software perform which such a dramatic difference when the color profile is changed.

chimp_spanner

02 Jan 2019

Gonna try this right away! Is there a way to have colour profiles on a per app basis?

*Yup, works! Fantastic find. Props can add this to their knowledge base until a fix is out. Certainly better than running in low res!

Oquasec

02 Jan 2019

That is actually unheard of. Now why is that? How is that even possible?
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

bolandross

12 Jan 2019

Hmm, low resolution mode still gives me smoother scrolling on my Retina MacBook than using said color profile, which is sad. And as already mentioned, it makes things look very shitty.

By the way: Did anyone else notice how smooth the animations inside the Europa device in this video are? (video position 8m50s)

No matter if run on a Mac or a PC, my Europa waveform display (any everything else) looks like animated with 15fps or so ... not even close to as smooth as shown in the video. I wonder how the Propellerheads recorded this ...

jam-s

12 Jan 2019

bolandross wrote:
12 Jan 2019
By the way: Did anyone else notice how smooth the animations inside the Europa device in this video are? (video position 8m50s)

No matter if run on a Mac or a PC, my Europa waveform display (any everything else) looks like animated with 15fps or so ... not even close to as smooth as shown in the video. I wonder how the Propellerheads recorded this ...
IIRC the screen redraw rate is coupled to the CV rate of the rack devices. I'm not sure by which divider thou:

CV rate = audio sample rate / 64
max. refresh rate = CV rate / x with x >= 1

Speculation: If a RE can select how often it should be refreshed, I suppose quite a few devs opt for slower refresh and less CPU consumption by using x>10.

Still the Props might have captured that smooth video with a fast machine and using very high audio sample rate.

bolandross

13 Jan 2019

jam-s wrote:
12 Jan 2019
Still the Props might have captured that smooth video with a fast machine and using very high audio sample rate.
Wow, thanks for the hint!

I just did some small tests and could definitely see a difference in video refresh rate at higher audio sample rates.

Propellerheads Support couldn't help me with that, you just did!

Hauser+Quaid

13 Jan 2019

Just wanted to say that I tried the sRGB fix a couple weeks ago and I can't believe what a difference it makes on my MacBook. Absolutely incredible. The fans used to go completely mad after like 30-40 mins of continuous use of Reason (and Reason only of course), and now they're silent as ever. Everything seems to run very smooth and I have tons of CPU headroom. Huge shout to whoever figured this out!!

plaamook

08 Mar 2019

Seems that night shift sorts out the colour a bit while keeping the cpu load down.
Just did a clean install and forgot about this little fix and hey presto!... But the colour is pretty bad till you get used to it.
Now we just need Props to sort out the default tangerine irradiated vomit device colour which looks even worse with the sRGB fix.
I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

• Information