Trigger a long sample automatically and loop it

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bloma

15 Dec 2018

I've got a track where I'm using Matrix's on different devices to play different length patterns so they go in and out of sync with one another, and I've got a long sample that I'm just copy pasting into the main sequencer, but I was wondering if there's a way I can just automatically trigger that sample when I press play, and then keep looping it. It's obviously not crucial and works fine as is, but wondering if it's possible anyway. :puf_smile:

ljekio

16 Dec 2018

FW-LOOP mode in NN-XT аnd SUS with REL is 100%?

Bloma

17 Dec 2018

Yeah, but is there a way to trigger it automatically when the runs? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I never used sequencers much. Cos if you use matrix, as far as I know, it will keep triggering it.

diminished
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2018

Sorry if I massively misunderstand, but why don't you draw in a single note into the sequencer lane of your sampling device - at the start of the track or whenever this sample should start looping?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Bloma

17 Dec 2018

Thanks for your response, yeah that's definitely the easy and probably only solution, but I was wondering if there's a way to make it trigger automatically, so that even if I stop the song at some point, and resume it, the sample will automatically trigger, as do the matrix's that are running the other devices.

diminished
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2018

Should the sample, when you pause and then press play again (via the big Play button on the bottom, right?), start again from the beginning or continue from the position where you paused? If the latter, simply pasting the audio file all over the place (Ctrl+D) in the sequencer is your best option imho
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

• Information