Pod Farm 2 Platinum? No go? Can't remember.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2018

A long, long time ago when Propellerheads released Record I jumped on the Reason train. I needed and audio interface and so, due to Line 6 integration in Record, I bought a KB37 combined interface and keyboard. From the start I was sceptical. The keyboard does me fine but both the sound of the Line 6 tones and the quality of Line 6 customer service didn't meet my expectations. Yesterday I remembered that I've actually got Pod Farm 2 Platinum and that it has a Rotor Speaker and a Univibe amongst other effects. I can't really remember how it integrates with Record/ Reason. I know I can't Craft tones and the load them up in Reason's Line 6 amps as...well basically there are none now ha ha (and a good thing if you ask me). I've got some memory that if I go in on on preferences I can switch some monitor option to external then record audio direct from Pod Farm. I'm not sure if I can even be bothered trying but, as I said, ther's a Univibe and maybe a couple of other good effects in there. So...I just thought I'd ask here before I take the chance. Anybody use or used Pod Farm with Reason and what do you Think of the results? Thanks for Reading and thanks in advance for any input on this. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Wickline

15 Dec 2018

Podfarm also comes with a VST version that you can use in Reason. I use the rotor effect here and there and like it.
If you don’t have the vst on your pc, you may need to reinstall podfarm and select the option for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2018

Wickline wrote:
15 Dec 2018
Podfarm also comes with a VST version that you can use in Reason. I use the rotor effect here and there and like it.
If you don’t have the vst on your pc, you may need to reinstall podfarm and select the option for it.

Really??? I didn’t know that. :). Thanks :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Wickline

15 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
Wickline wrote:
15 Dec 2018

Really??? I didn’t know that. :). Thanks :):):)
Yep! [emoji51] and it has a few various VSTs in addition to the full plugin like only the amps or only delays, etc.
Just FYI the “zero-latency” feature on line 6 interfaces only works with podfarm while using the standalone app. The VST will always have some latency while recording.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2018

Great. I’ve got latency in Reason set at 64 and it usually works no problem :). Cool. Loads of new effects.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Wickline

15 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:Great. I’ve got latency in Reason set at 64 and it usually works no problem :). Cool. Loads of new effects.
Sorry I should have said zero latency monitoring. It works for playback just fine like anything else.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2018

Wickline wrote:
15 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:Great. I’ve got latency in Reason set at 64 and it usually works no problem :). Cool. Loads of new effects.
Sorry I should have said zero latency monitoring. It works for playback just fine like anything else.

I knew what you meant. And thanks again.
I know this is not really the place for asking about Line 6 stuff but I’m going to anyway. Hope it’s ok. If I just download the Pod Farm 2 installer then check the VST box only then nothing else will get installed right? Don’t want Monkey. Also will I need the license manager? And last question...is there any reason to authorize your pc when you’ve got the hardware authorized. I’ve used up 6 of my 11 lifetime authorizations on an old pc. Just wondered if you knew. That’s the last I’ll ask about this. Promise :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ljekio

15 Dec 2018

i have pf2 and license on ilok. just install podfarm and use them vsts

Ahornberg

15 Dec 2018

Thank you!

Wickline

15 Dec 2018

Yes that should work but you may need monkey for updates.
You will need the license manager. That became a requirement a few years back.
You don’t need to authorize your pc as long as the authorized device is connected. It works like an iLok.
Have fun!

Wickline

15 Dec 2018

ljekio wrote:i have pf2 and license on ilok. just install podfarm and use them vsts
Didn’t know you could use iLok itself. Nice!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2018

Wickline wrote:
15 Dec 2018
Yes that should work but you may need monkey for updates.
You will need the license manager. That became a requirement a few years back.
You don’t need to authorize your pc as long as the authorized device is connected. It works like an iLok.
Have fun!

Aaa. I’m guessing that the download on the Line 6 website is the latest update so I’ll not bother with the Monkey. Once again thanks. I really thought I’d never use this program again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2018

Tadaaa!!! Cool...Pod Farm VST installed. Just one thing though...should I see all the individual effects, amps etc as separate VSTs or are they all contained within the one Pod Farm VST? Just wondered :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Wickline

15 Dec 2018

Both! The full one is basically the podfarm app in vst form. If you want to use only a bass amp, for example, you can load that up and save some dsp.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2018

Wickline wrote:
15 Dec 2018
Both! The full one is basically the podfarm app in vst form. If you want to use only a bass amp, for example, you can load that up and save some dsp.

I’ve got the full one which opens like the standalone but as a VST in Reason now. But where do I find the individual VSTs? They don’t show anywhere in the browser. Or do you mean that I just open the full one and select the amps/ effects I need?

Edit: Fixed...Pod Farm Elements :):):). Worked a charm
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ScuzzyEye

17 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
15 Dec 2018
I needed and audio interface and so, due to Line 6 integration in Record, I bought a KB37 combined interface and keyboard.
Same. :)

I've since stopped using the KB37 as an audio interface, but it's still my primary keyboard. Yes, it's a really crappy keyboard/controller (springy keys, no after touch, no encoders, and the knobs feel really cheap), but it's the only 37-key controller I've found that can fit on the wing on the side of my desk. I really like the pitch/mod wheels above the keyboard. That little layout feature allows for almost a full extra octave of keys vs. all the other controllers I've seen in this size.

I'm sure you've already figured it out, but you can store the authorization for the Pod Farm on the KB37 instead of an iLok too.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2018

ScuzzyEye wrote:
17 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:
15 Dec 2018
I needed and audio interface and so, due to Line 6 integration in Record, I bought a KB37 combined interface and keyboard.
Same. :)

I've since stopped using the KB37 as an audio interface, but it's still my primary keyboard. Yes, it's a really crappy keyboard/controller (springy keys, no after touch, no encoders, and the knobs feel really cheap), but it's the only 37-key controller I've found that can fit on the wing on the side of my desk. I really like the pitch/mod wheels above the keyboard. That little layout feature allows for almost a full extra octave of keys vs. all the other controllers I've seen in this size.

I'm sure you've already figured it out, but you can store the authorization for the Pod Farm on the KB37 instead of an iLok too.
Exactly the same scenario here. Midi controller only :). Use Balance as my audio interface. One thing I noticed is that I need to roll the tone and mod wheels up and down a number of times before they work smoothly in Reason. I’m guessing it’s more to do with dust than anything else. I only use the wheels and the keyboard so the rest of the knobs and buttons are redundant. But like you said, it’s a good size :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

chimp_spanner

17 Dec 2018

Yeah bit late to this but I use POD Farm 2.5 Plat and it works fine, uses very little CPU and is a good all rounder. Even if you just use it as a processor for synths and drums it's pretty cool.

The only issue I have with it (in all DAWs) is that automating the bypass state of a module in the main POD Farm plugin will cause a momentary pause in audio, totally ruling it out for live use with automated stomp switching. I emailed Line 6 about it years ago and their advice was "use separate audio tracks and additional POD Farm instances". Kinda disappointing.

Of course I've also now got Helix Native which is just insane, and also surprisingly light on CPU. That seems to automate just fine. But I still use POD Farm for some things. I have a bass tone I'm particularly fond of. And the Angel P-Ball is such a great amp for lead tones, I'm loathe to leave it behind.

ScuzzyEye

17 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
17 Dec 2018
One thing I noticed is that I need to roll the tone and mod wheels up and down a number of times before they work smoothly in Reason. I’m guessing it’s more to do with dust than anything else.
I almost mentioned that too, but my list of negatives was already large, and I figure the issue is mostly with me not using it enough. I try to keep the mod wheel parked in the middle, so when I need to roll it back and forth to reduce the oxidation on the potentiometer I can sweep through the bad range, and not have to bang against and end stop.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2018

ScuzzyEye wrote:
17 Dec 2018
MrFigg wrote:
17 Dec 2018
One thing I noticed is that I need to roll the tone and mod wheels up and down a number of times before they work smoothly in Reason. I’m guessing it’s more to do with dust than anything else.
I almost mentioned that too, but my list of negatives was already large, and I figure the issue is mostly with me not using it enough. I try to keep the mod wheel parked in the middle, so when I need to roll it back and forth to reduce the oxidation on the potentiometer I can sweep through the bad range, and not have to bang against and end stop.
Cool. A common problem. Guess there’s not so much to do about it? I didn’t know it was oxidation so I was trying to blow out the dust with air in a can. Even thought about spraying in some contact spray but my experience of trying to fix thing always ends up with me breaking them even more :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ScuzzyEye

17 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote:
17 Dec 2018
Cool. A common problem. Guess there’s not so much to do about it? I didn’t know it was oxidation so I was trying to blow out the dust with air in a can. Even thought about spraying in some contact spray but my experience of trying to fix thing always ends up with me breaking them even more :).
Yep, I've saw other people mentioning it back in the day too.

There are spays that can remove the oxidation, but they don't do anything more than sweeping back and forth doesn't fix. It's just another case of Line6 cheaping out on parts. The best thing for it, is to use it more.

• Information