Is this considered "normal"?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Steedus
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2018

This is just getting too annoying to take now.. sorry I know it's been mentioned here and there in other threads but I want it front and centre. For other Mac users, is the following video considered "normal" in terms of scrolling the rack?

I'm on a 2018 i7 2.6ghz Mac with 16gb ram and the descreet graphics card and it is just a nightmare.

Here's a quick video:

Thanks, I'm frustrated and typing on my phone so apologies if there's already an obvious thread that I missed that covers this.

antic604

10 Dec 2018

Try opening in in low resolution. Reason anyway was designed for 720p screens so there won't be visual difference, but performance should be much better.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/launch-a ... ution-mac/

Steedus
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2018

Thanks I'll give that a go tonight.

mashers

11 Dec 2018

ETA - my MacBook is non-retina, and as per the response below, this may be why it's not happening for me even though my Mac is older.

No, this isn't normal. I'm on a much older MacBook and it scrolls more smoothly than that. Do you have problems in other software or is it just Reason?
Last edited by mashers on 11 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.

madmacman

11 Dec 2018

mashers wrote:
11 Dec 2018
No, this isn't normal. I'm on a much older MacBook and it scrolls more smoothly than that. Do you have problems in other software or is it just Reason?
"much older MacBook" means non-Retina? The behavior as seen in the video is a known issue on newer Retina MacBooks (and the GPU), hence the suggestion to start Reason in low-res mode.

mashers

11 Dec 2018

madmacman wrote:
11 Dec 2018
"much older MacBook" means non-Retina? The behavior as seen in the video is a known issue on newer Retina MacBooks (and the GPU), hence the suggestion to start Reason in low-res mode.
Ah, apologies. Yes, it's non-retina. I didn't realise this was "normal" on retina devices. I'll edit my post to reflect this.

Steedus
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2018

Thanks antic. That worked. I do remember hearing about that now, but forgot to try it.

Note to Propellerhead: this is a work-around not a solution. This needs to be fixed.

antic604

11 Dec 2018

Steedus wrote:
11 Dec 2018
Note to Propellerhead: this is a work-around not a solution. This needs to be fixed.
Oh, don't worry - I personally make sure that Mattias is aware of this & other GUI-related issues :D

djs

11 Dec 2018

I have the same lag on a Microsoft surface pro. Connecting an external monitor resolved the issue. 2560 x 1441 works great.

• Information