Reason Has Gone Down

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Faastwalker

09 Dec 2018

It's a shame RE's on trial need to chat back to the server to authenticate. Surely they would expire anyway after the 30 day period wouldn't they?

Klaus—Morlock

09 Dec 2018

What kind of POS customer relations is this? Haven't they made an announcement on twitter or whatever?

QVprod

09 Dec 2018

I'd recommend going forward that no one uses internet verification as their primary verification method. If authorizing via computer or ignition key, the worst case scenario for subscription users is to have to replace devices if on a tight deadline. Non subscription users are pretty much unaffected otherwise. I'd assume the lack of response from Propellerhead is because no one's in the office yet. It's only about 7:30 in the morning as of this post in Stockholm right now. It's also a weekend. Hopefully They can fix the issue today still though.

Faastwalker

09 Dec 2018

Klaus—Morlock wrote:
09 Dec 2018
What kind of POS customer relations is this? Haven't they made an announcement on twitter or whatever?
It's the weekend. Doubt we will here anything until at least Monday in Sweden. It's difficult to gauge how widespread this is. Does everyone have the problem or just some users? If it's everyone then it's a problem & they must surely say something. If it's just some users I think there's a good chance they (or whoever hosts this stuff) will fix it up & we won't here anything about it. I'm just peeved because I have some free time & Quad Note Generator on TRY. All my other RE's are accessible as I have authorized my computer so no need for online authorization. But as I said earlier it's a bit crap that you have to authorize RE's on trial online. I would of thought they would expire after 30 days whether you authorize online or not?

olive6741

09 Dec 2018

It looks it works here in Belgium. Is it back?

QVprod

09 Dec 2018

Update from a Reason Facebook group***

It's working again for some users. Also checked the 'my products' page and it opens now. Check your software. Issue may be resolved now.

Faastwalker

09 Dec 2018

.......... just tried here. I'm back in. Can access my 'Products' page as well. Must have been a down server or something. Probably not even hosted by the Props I'm guessing. Who knows.

botnotbot

09 Dec 2018

Working for me in Amsterdam as well.

EnochLight

09 Dec 2018

Reason_fail.jpg
Reason_fail.jpg (145.05 KiB) Viewed 2287 times

Still down from Detroit. Also, my PC is authorized for offline use as are all of my RE's - but I made the mistake of trialing an RE in last 30 days and that had expired. No work for me tonight. :(
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

09 Dec 2018

[[ UPDATE ]]

Everything's back up and running for me now. w00t!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

splangie

09 Dec 2018

I am in.

splangie

09 Dec 2018

It just prompted me to download the `10.2.2d1 update again on the laptop even though I already have the update. Has this been happening to anyone else? I went ahead and downloaded it and ran the update again and all seems fine.

Oquasec

09 Dec 2018

The appdata roaming section will let you backup your saved rack extensions.
So far haven't seen the message tho.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EnochLight

09 Dec 2018

Oquasec wrote:
09 Dec 2018
The appdata roaming section will let you backup your saved rack extensions.
So far haven't seen the message tho.
This is useless if you’re using Internet Authorization and the servers go down like they did. And if you’re trialing any RE’s that happened to expire and need to phone home...

Oquasec

09 Dec 2018

Good question. does native instruments also need to do that?
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

timbuk295

09 Dec 2018

QVprod wrote:I'd recommend going forward that no one uses internet verification as their primary verification method. If authorizing via computer or ignition key, the worst case scenario for subscription users is to have to replace devices if on a tight deadline. Non subscription users are pretty much unaffected otherwise.
I'd do hardware licensing, but the key costs extra, and because I switch between two computers constantly, and doing the hardware license onto a computer is kinda clunky to do often.
I wish they supported iLok ad well. Frustrating that even licensing is a split market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QVprod

09 Dec 2018

timbuk295 wrote:
09 Dec 2018
QVprod wrote:I'd recommend going forward that no one uses internet verification as their primary verification method. If authorizing via computer or ignition key, the worst case scenario for subscription users is to have to replace devices if on a tight deadline. Non subscription users are pretty much unaffected otherwise.
I'd do hardware licensing, but the key costs extra, and because I switch between two computers constantly, and doing the hardware license onto a computer is kinda clunky to do often.
I wish they supported iLok ad well. Frustrating that even licensing is a split market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is one of those computers portable and the other stationary? Authorize one computer (perhaps the portable one) and use internet verification on the other. Then you'd always have one that works.

I happen to have bought into Reason back when ignition keys weren't extra (but were the only non internet option), so I leave my ignition key plugged into my home computer and have my laptop authorized. If i didn't have the ignition key I'd do what I mentioned above.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2018

I’ve got an ignition key, Balance, verified pc and Internet verification. All bases covered :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TheGodOfRainbows

12 Dec 2018

So just fyi, I still can't start Reason the normal way. Is everyone cool with this?

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
12 Dec 2018
So just fyi, I still can't start Reason the normal way. Is everyone cool with this?
Did you try the sync all method? I was under the impression that it was all sorted out for everyone but I've had something happen before where I couldn't login and had to do sync all on the website

TheGodOfRainbows

12 Dec 2018

aeox wrote:
12 Dec 2018
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
12 Dec 2018
Did you try the sync all method? I was under the impression that it was all sorted out for everyone but I've had something happen before where I couldn't login and had to do sync all on the website
I didn't want to have to do that because it takes forever.

EnochLight

12 Dec 2018

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
12 Dec 2018
I'm cool with this, because Reason starts fine for me the normal way, and I don't know you. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: jk

On a serious note, when you say "normal way", do you mean without logging in via Internet auth?

TheGodOfRainbows

13 Dec 2018

EnochLight wrote:
12 Dec 2018
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
12 Dec 2018
I'm cool with this, because Reason starts fine for me the normal way, and I don't know you. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: jk

On a serious note, when you say "normal way", do you mean without logging in via Internet auth?
Yes the normal way, without logging via internet authorization. But, when I say "normal way", it's not even the proper way. I have an Ignition Key always plugged into my PC, which I believed is so that when you start Reason, it just starts without having the splash screen choice, without having to click Log In, or, Continue (Run Reason without these Re's). Correct?
But for me, even with Ignition Key plugged in, I always have to click Log On on the splash screen. I've accepted this as my life. I've tried to fix it. I gave up. Apathy. Anyway, I think it's fixed now, because I can start Reason MY normal way, which is wrong since I have the ignition key. I hope I make sense.

Also, at the time, I've had a perfect storm of intermittent internet connection which combined with the brief outage or whatever we expierenced made things worse.

:?

EnochLight

13 Dec 2018

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
13 Dec 2018
EnochLight wrote:
12 Dec 2018

Yes the normal way, without logging via internet authorization. But, when I say "normal way", it's not even the proper way. I have an Ignition Key always plugged into my PC, which I believed is so that when you start Reason, it just starts without having the splash screen choice, without having to click Log In, or, Continue (Run Reason without these Re's). Correct?
But for me, even with Ignition Key plugged in, I always have to click Log On on the splash screen. I've accepted this as my life. I've tried to fix it. I gave up. Apathy. Anyway, I think it's fixed now, because I can start Reason MY normal way, which is wrong since I have the ignition key. I hope I make sense.

Also, at the time, I've had a perfect storm of intermittent internet connection which combined with the brief outage or whatever we expierenced made things worse.

:?
Then one of the following things are occurring:

• You didn't authorize both Reason as well as your purchased/free RE's to the Ignition Key
  • You have a trial RE in your account
  • You have a problem with your Ignition Key
  • You have a problem with the Codemeter software associated with the Ignition Key
Have you bothered reaching out to tech support to get your issue resolved? When you have an Ignition Key or your computer authorized for offline use, assuming you're not trialing an RE (or beta testing), you will never be prompted to log in via Internet auth. Never.

Check your account and click on manage licenses - are you sure everything is authorized to your Key? Keep in mind, if you're doing this all on one Ignition Key on "Computer 1" and then taking that key to another computer (say for instance, "Computer 2") where Reason and your RE's are installed, you have to make sure that "Computer 2" has ran a "Sync All" with your account as well - at least once. Especially if RE updates appear and you've ran a Sync All on "Computer 1" but not on "Computer 2".

Serious question: why use an Ignition Key at all? We've been able to authorize computers themselves for offline use for years... Ignition Keys are just another point of failure, IMHO.
Last edited by EnochLight on 13 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.

• Information