Do you think the VST performance update will be out before 2019?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Do you think the VST performance update will be out before 2019?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 38
Zac

08 Dec 2018

??

antic604

08 Dec 2018

No. I don't think they should hurry it up - if it isn't really ready, yet - either. Do it well, or don't do it at all (this year).

aeox
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2018

No rush.. no rush :)

Yonatan

08 Dec 2018

I had to vote "yes" as that is what PH has communicated, but to be totally honest, I would not be surprised if the issues might take a bit longer to solve. Devil is in the details...

And as some have suggested, Reason 11 might well be scheduled somewhere in spring, at least before summer. Or in september if that is delayed as well. While they are digging deeper in the code, it could well be that they also working on some bigger groundwork for the R11 upgrade, both GUI and other things.

avasopht
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2018

If it happens it happens.

I already sold my VSTs I bought for use in Reason because I didn't want to take the risk of waiting on a performance improvement for years.

I've got some good ones left, but I've not even installed any of them.

KarmaFunkarma

08 Dec 2018

It makes little difference IMO. The main thing is that they get it absolutely right when they do release the update. Each year I spend a healthy amount of $ on new or updated software (VST, VSTi, Libraries, etc). None of that spending has gone to PH in 2018 and won't until this issue is resolved. That sucks because Reason and PH really have been so unique for so many years. But as much as I love Reason, every time I load it up the performance frustrations drive it further and further out of my workflow.

Heigen5

08 Dec 2018

I have a feeling it will be delayed a lttle too. But, I only use few VSTs so it doesn't matter that much.
Also, if there will be a beta-testing, then it would maybe not be the bestest time to beta in this very busy month.

• Information