Where do I put my files?

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Kasimir1983

Post 05 Dec 2018

I have over the last few days been trying to find the file that my samples are kept in, the reason for this is I I'm not sure where to put new drum samples - where's that be a snare hit or a drum kick etc etc..... I just want to know where to place these files so that I can open the Reason 9, I used FL studio for 5 years before switching to Reason - so add used to just put in my .wav/mp3 files into a designated folder, open FL and all is done lol ......... I have watche some youtube vids about how to open the files but none about where to put my samples.. how to organize my files etc

Seeing as I want to make the switch to reason as easy as possible I would like to know or in this case somebody to tell me where to put my .wav/mp3 tiles so that I can open them in Reason? Anybody here can help?

antic604

Post 06 Dec 2018

You can keep your samples wherever you want on your computer & then just go to Reason's browser and add this/those folders there for easy access. For convenience and performance it's best to keep them on an SDD drive, if you have one.

If you use samples in a song, make sure to tick "Self-contain samples when loading from disk" in Reason's Preferences / General. After this all samples will be contained in the song file, for easy portability and backup (the song will not any longer load them every time from original location).
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - "Psytrance in Bitwig Studio" tutorial

Loque

Post 06 Dec 2018

I use this to find my missing samples and more: https://www.loopcloud.net/loopcloud-download
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

Kasimir1983

Post 06 Dec 2018

thanks

• Information