Route audio from audio track in Cubase to Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
davrosdalek

04 Dec 2018

Hi all,

First post in this forum so hopefully in the right part of the board etc.

I'm a long time user of Cubase and Reason for many years, mainly using Cubase for all my detailed audio editing and Reason for soft synths and the FX that can be plugged in to them.

I'm a massive fan of Cubase's *audio* editing, just works for me, sliding stuff around, comping/duplicating etc.

Recently I've been trying to explore using Reason for audio editing - in fact for *everything* because I love the guitar soft amps, the way you can build a soft chain and record using a simple DI box to make a great tone. No problem getting signal into Reason etc. and getting multiple comped takes down etc.

But am I alone in finding the comping/crossfading/general audio editing an absolute nightmare in Reason? I have a simple guitar track I did a few takes of to get right, and normally its the sort of thing that I would finish in Cubase's editor within half an hour. I've been faffing around with Comp Mode/Single Take Mode etc. blah blah for a couple of days and still struggling despite following some great tutorials online. I'm going to persevere but in the background one part of me is thinking 'what if I just re-track the guitar in Cubase and do the audio edits in Cubase'? That is, do the tracking/comping in Cubase and (ideally) be monitoring the soft amp/FX chain in Reason to get the inspiration from the effected tone for the performance.

I know a lot about Rewire and how you can get audio *from* Reason > Cubase but I guess what I'm trying to possibly do here is the reverse - any ideas? Seen a bit on ReaRoute but having already tried Soundflower 2CH as a simple experiment I'm not confident.

Any help much appreciated,

Cheers
David

• Information