newbie trying to change sounds in the synths.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
carllackey

30 Nov 2018

when i load let's say, a grain synth, then i want to change a preset i drag it onto the synth, but it creates another one! how can i just change the patches without it adding another synth? thanks in advance.

Loque

30 Nov 2018

Drag the patch onto the existing Grain and not somewhere else in the rack. Or just use the file-browse button onthe synth (Grain) that is looking like a folder icon. It opens or highlites the file browser with a red title bar. As long as it is red, every patch you open, will be loaded into Grain. If you want to "canncel" this, you can click it on the lower bottom of the browser window.
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

30 Nov 2018

carllackey wrote:
30 Nov 2018
when i load let's say, a grain synth, then i want to change a preset i drag it onto the synth, but it creates another one! how can i just change the patches without it adding another synth? thanks in advance.
You're doing it wrong. Follow Loque's advice. Also, if you go into Reason's Preferences and on the General tab check off "New devices get browse focus", it will automatically focus the browser on the device you just created. If you un-check that option, then the thumbnail browser remains in focus:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

carllackey

30 Nov 2018

gentlemen, thank you so much!

DrGOA®

01 Dec 2018

Also you may click on "Browse patch" button and load the patch you want.
Attachments
Browse patch Button.png
Browse patch Button.png (7.23 KiB) Viewed 201 times

• Information