Tempo 120

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Heigen5

29 Nov 2018

I just tested it with Reason 8.3 and it works there!

EnochLight

29 Nov 2018

Heigen5 wrote:
29 Nov 2018
Ah, well I guess they did change the behavior. :lol: Honestly, you bringing it up is the first time I've ever tried it. The way it works now is actually the way I would expect it to work. If I have an orphaned device without a mix channel, it's usually because I am using it to modulate something and don't need a mix channel. Maybe that was their line of thinking? Beats me. At the end of the day, I don't know if it's technically "by design" or a bug. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Heigen5

29 Nov 2018

EnochLight wrote:
29 Nov 2018
Heigen5 wrote:
29 Nov 2018
Ah, well I guess they did change the behavior. :lol: Honestly, you bringing it up is the first time I've ever tried it. The way it works now is actually the way I would expect it to work. If I have an orphaned device without a mix channel, it's usually because I am using it to modulate something and don't need a mix channel. Maybe that was their line of thinking? Beats me. At the end of the day, I don't know if it's technically "by design" or a bug. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just thinking here now, what would one do with a track and a device if it is not routed to a mix channel? I've been using this method to add another layer and then choosing another sound for it - i.e. for a LAYERING purpose.

EnochLight

29 Nov 2018

Heigen5 wrote:
29 Nov 2018
EnochLight wrote:
29 Nov 2018

Just thinking here now, what would one do with a track and a device if it is not routed to a mix channel? I've been using this method to add another layer and then choosing another sound for it - i.e. for a LAYERING purpose.
Perhaps most users layer things in a Combi (which is what it's meant for), and a Combi would have 1 mix channel assigned to it usually. Orphaned devices can be used to modulate other devices, though. Props have usage statistics from their users, so maybe this was the behavior that prompted the change? Or maybe it is a bug. Beats me!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

fullforce

29 Nov 2018

joeyluck wrote:
28 Nov 2018
BPM = beats per minute :)
Your song is 120 BPM
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Heigen5

29 Nov 2018

I knew what the BPM meant, but not thinking it as "second sync" - propably knowing this and the rest of the things like this are not that important anyway.

jlgrimes

29 Nov 2018

60 bpm each beat of metronome is 1 second.

So 120 bpm each beat is 0.5 seconds.

Heigen5

30 Nov 2018

I contacted the Props regarding this Duplicate thing. I'll inform you, when they've got back to me.

pushedbutton

30 Nov 2018

Just tried to 'duplicate track and device' and it worked as expected so I dunno what you're experiencing.

on the OT, Beats Per Minute (assume 4/4 time) is the number of Beats that equally fit into 60 seconds.
To fully understand this you need to be clear on what a beat is and what a minute is.
There are 4 beats in a bar (4/4),
So if you're playing notes that are 1/4 in length, you can fit 4 of them side by side in one bar.
So Bars per minute is a QUARTER number of the Beats ( 1bar/4beats)
A quarter of a quarter is a 1/16th.
So you can fit 4 times as many notes in the bar if your notes are played 4 times quicker, you can fit 16 SIXTEENTH notes in a bar.

If you really want to make the maths easy you can set your BPM to 133.333

One second is the time that elapses during 9,192,631,770 (9.192631770 x 10 9 ) cycles of the radiation produced by the transition between two levels of the cesium 133 atom. There are 60 of these in one minute.

The number of beats that occur during 60 cycles of this mathematical constant is your BPM.
TLDR it's the number of beats per minute.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

EnochLight

30 Nov 2018

pushedbutton wrote:
30 Nov 2018
Just tried to 'duplicate track and device' and it worked as expected so I dunno what you're experiencing.
He’s/she’s saying that the behavior in Reason has changed compared to 8.x and earlier. It used to create a mix channel for orphaned devices automatically (according to the OP). Now it doesn’t.

pushedbutton

30 Nov 2018

EnochLight wrote:
30 Nov 2018
pushedbutton wrote:
30 Nov 2018
He’s/she’s saying that the behavior in Reason has changed compared to 8.x and earlier. It used to create a mix channel for orphaned devices automatically (according to the OP). Now it doesn’t.
Na it didn't
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.

Heigen5

30 Nov 2018

pushedbutton wrote:
30 Nov 2018
EnochLight wrote:
30 Nov 2018

Na it didn't
Are you people clicking on the same place as I do? I.E. - on the tracks to the left? Duplicate means that everything in a comparison is 100% identical.

EnochLight

30 Nov 2018

Heigen5 wrote:
30 Nov 2018
pushedbutton wrote:
30 Nov 2018

Na it didn't
Are you people clicking on the same place as I do? I.E. - on the tracks to the left? Duplicate means that everything in a comparison is 100% identical.
Did you watch the YouTube screen-cap I posted above (a page back)? Isn't that the way you're doing it? Also, in your example song file you posted - it copies/duplicates as expected, as the orphaned Europa is not assigned to a sequencer track. I'm not sure why one would expect it to copy and create a mix channel when it's orphaned like that.

pushedbutton

30 Nov 2018

Heigen5 wrote:
30 Nov 2018
pushedbutton wrote:
30 Nov 2018

Na it didn't
yeah i tried from the sequencer and the rack. This function hasn't changed since it was introduced.

childofsaturn

30 Nov 2018

Emian wrote:
28 Nov 2018
What's the difference between a pigeon?

It's legs are equally long, especially the left one !
I'm stealing this and using it IRL, and there's nothing you can do about it! HA!

childofsaturn

30 Nov 2018

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Heigen5

01 Dec 2018

One more time: It works in Reason 8.3. as there it creates a mix channel for the duplicated tracks, should I make a screen-capture video to prove it?

selig
RE Developer

01 Dec 2018

Heigen5 wrote:
01 Dec 2018
One more time: It works in Reason 8.3. as there it creates a mix channel for the duplicated tracks, should I make a screen-capture video to prove it?
Just to be clear: are you saying it CREATES a new (default) mix channel when you do this, or it actually DUPLICATES the existing Mix Channel (above you say it creates a Mix Channel)?

I tried this in Reason 8.3, and cannot get it to create (or duplicate) a mix channel with an orphaned device when selecting "Duplicate devices and tracks" in the Sequencer View. The only way I can get a mix channel to duplicate with devices and tracks is to either select it along with the other devices (in Rack View, as others have noted here), or to have "Auto-group devices and tracks" selected before duplicating. It works the same way when selecting "Delete Track and Device" btw.

Could it be you do not have "Auto-group devices and tracks" selected when trying to do this on newer versions of Reason?
Selig Audio, LLC

Heigen5

01 Dec 2018

Duplicate_Reason_8.3.zip
(29.86 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Here: I created this in Reason 8.3. (Reason file Zipped & attached to this post)-
Opened Reason 8.3. created a subtractor and pressed "Duplicate Tracks and Devices".
As you can see, the duplicated subtractor got it's own mix channel.

Heigen5

01 Dec 2018

Aaaaah, yeah yeah @Selig, I didn't have the auto group setting on. I propably have accidentally took it off.

• Information