Vocoder preset combinator in Reason effects Banks

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

28 Nov 2018

I want to vocode Humana choirs. I've successfully created vocoder in reason before,
but I forgot how to patch it and want a great preset that I can just plug in a new carrier.
For example
I want the carrier of pitch to be Humana with the modulation consonants of my vocalmy vocal track

Yes I can learn to re-patch it but I was looking for a plug and play solution

wendylou

28 Nov 2018

Here is a Bell Labs style vocoder combinator I made. Just route a Humana to the combinator "in" and route the "out" to a mix channel. Make a track for the Vocoder combinator and play/record your chords there to modulate. Similarly, you'll need to feed it a triggered Humana, such as recording a note or chord. I suppose this could also be a series of chords, but since you're actually modulating it from the Vocoder track, it could be a static note or chord on the Humana track. The modulation of the Humana will be via whatever you play/record on the Vocoder track.

Note: If the Humana patches you select do not sustain for the entire time, you might replace the Humana static note or chord with the same note track you played on the Vocoder track, or as you indicated, drive the Humana with your vocal note-to-MIDI input.

Bell Labs-Style Vocoder.cmb.zip
(123.16 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 12.21.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 12.21.48 AM.png (214.57 KiB) Viewed 368 times
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

calebbrennan

28 Nov 2018

Thanks so much!, I'll give it a go.

• Information