Maximizer Question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Skimrok

27 Nov 2018

Ok I know there is lots of old posts regarding this , I’m not the best on this subject but after the Black Friday deals I’ve been getting a few bits cheaply and feel I maybe in need of a Maximizer away from the stock M class version,

I reckon a lot of this is me not knowing the final tweaks but I want something easy and clean sounding without being too technical savvy, you know the one I want to be a superstar producer with minimal knowledge

Booo kick him of the forum off with his head!!! he!he!

These are the ones I’ve been looking at

Re KRATOS 2 MAXIMIZER £17 on sale
VST KRATOS 2 MAXIMIZER £13.99 on sale
Re Ozone Maximizer £44
Re Titan Maximizer £44
VST Ozone 8 elements £24.95 on sale

1. is there any pros and cons on RE v VST?
2. I can wait for any sales if the none sale items have advantages over any others?
3. everything I will make is EDM of all sorts and some hip hop beats nothing live if this helps
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

sdst
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2018

Kilohearts AB kHs Limiter, is superior to M class Maximizer and is free, I use it a lot

Ozone has Dither, Kratos 2 looks very nice

for me they do all the same, for the Loudness war maybe Ozone is the best

Zac

28 Nov 2018

https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-limiter6-ge/

This has become my new favourite. It includes great loudness metering and everything else you will need as a final plugin.

It looks a bit intimidating but it has some simple presets while you learn all its functions.

It also has a free predecessor https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/plugins/limiter6/ that has a number of different skins. You can use this indefinitely while you see if it suits you before paying out for the GE.

Skimrok

28 Nov 2018

Good pointers thank you , yeah if I like it or not I’m forced into the loudness wars :roll: however I try that free version and see how I get on, I should know pretty quickly if I need to upgrade or not, mind you with the free trials I suppose it’s best to try before you buy with the others and come to a conclusion once tried, maybe learn one each month and in a few months I know what Is best for my needs :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

selig
RE Developer

28 Nov 2018

I have Ozone 8 Elements, and am starting to try it in place of the Ozone RE I've used for years - great limiter, plus you get their EQ and the imager, which I've found useful (I really don't like most imagers out there because of what they do to the center (drums/bass etc). This one is very nice, very mono compatible, and thus very useful.

Also, lots of display/metering options - only thing missing is dither (I'm going to try using Ozone RE for that part alone…).
Selig Audio, LLC

Skimrok

28 Nov 2018

Thank you Selig ;) much appreciated!
Ps that gain you done has come well in handy with that mono feature :)

@ sdst i been playing with that free version and it’s already taken over the Mclass Maximizer as from today really can hear the difference on my headphones before distortion :)

Libraquaricorn

28 Nov 2018

I really like ToneBoosters' Barricade 4 vst, which is reasonably priced, easy to use, does the job very well and has lots of options:

https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_barricade_v4.html

Kalm

28 Nov 2018

I use Kratos when I'm in reason and Ozone 7/8 in final verdict mode. For Reason you can't go wrong with either Ozone nor Kratos. In my ears, I think Ozone is rounder sounding while Kratos is a great brickwall.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

• Information