RESOLVED: Can you save a Reason Master Section which contains side-chained FX?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BananaSkins

19 Nov 2018

I am trying to save the Master Section of one of my Mix templates in which the Master section has a combinator side-chained into it.
When I save this Master Section only the Insert FX are saved but not the side-chained combinator? Any ideas?
Last edited by BananaSkins on 19 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

selig
RE Developer

19 Nov 2018

BananaSkins wrote:
19 Nov 2018
I am trying to save the Master Section of one of my Mix templates in which the Master section has a combinator side-chained into it.
When I save this Master Section only the Insert FX are saved but not the side-chained combinator? Any ideas?
Not sure how you are using the FX already in the insert, but you can drag a combinator into any insert (or save it and open it as an insert), in which case it should save the insert FX. You may need to re-route some things after combining them in the insert, but in the end it will allow you to save as you intend (if I'm understanding the situation correctly).
Selig Audio, LLC

BananaSkins

19 Nov 2018

Yes thanks for your reply I will try that; I have no problem with the insert FX as these are saved when I save the Master section. But as I want to just import this master section into 20+ previous tracks I really wanted to save everything inserted into this Master Section; so this includes a side-chained FX combinator (which includes Synapse AF-4 filter).
Hope this makes sense?
Last edited by BananaSkins on 19 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

BananaSkins

19 Nov 2018

It was a simple fix; I simply dragged the Master Section side-chain FX actually into the Master Section insert FX area and voila, all was saved as expected. Great 👍🏻 Cheers again Selig for your reply that sent me back up to my studio to fix...😉

• Information