Can Reason work offline?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
webpro

17 Nov 2018

Can we work with Reason without being connected to the internet?

You see, i started playing with my brand new, just downloaded Reason copy and i had to reboot after 3 hours or so.
So i proceeded but i couldn't connect to the web right away,
I'm in an hotel room right now and they had problems with the wifi .
I then noticed that you need to input your username/password to load the software and it checks online if you are a legit user.
Of course, nothing worked!
I am also concerned about the fact that i could be in places where there is no wifi!
I have to travel a lot and i want to create music when i have spare time (waiting time i should say)
I am 100% sure that i won't have internet access all of time.

I'm a bus/coach driver and sometimes we have a few hours in front of us so....

How do we proceed then?
Thanks

MannequinRaces

17 Nov 2018

Two ways. Authorize your computer or buy a dongle. You can authorize your computer through your Propellerhead account.

LeeGood

18 Nov 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
17 Nov 2018
Two ways. Authorize your computer or buy a dongle. You can authorize your computer through your Propellerhead account.
Thanks!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

18 Nov 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
17 Nov 2018
That's not the whole story, though, and as a result that kind of response risks misleading users who rely on being able to open Reason without Internet access.

There's a well-known caveat (as someone else found out to their cost the other day). Reason can only work offline if it has no unpaid add-on products installed. Any non-owned RE product installed require it has to be online to start (betas, subs, RtO etc).

Oquasec

18 Nov 2018

Mhm. Since the network drivers don't take any overhead you'll just wanna codemeter or ignition it.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2018

JiggeryPokery wrote:
18 Nov 2018
Reason can only work offline if it has no unpaid add-on products installed. Any non-owned RE product installed require it has to be online to start (betas, subs, RtO etc).
Oj!! I always thought that if you weren’t online and opened using an authorized computer or ignition key then non-owned REs just showed up as a place holder.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

18 Nov 2018

MrFigg wrote:
18 Nov 2018
JiggeryPokery wrote:
18 Nov 2018
Reason can only work offline if it has no unpaid add-on products installed. Any non-owned RE product installed require it has to be online to start (betas, subs, RtO etc).
Oj!! I always thought that if you weren’t online and opened using an authorized computer or ignition key then non-owned REs just showed up as a place holder.
Yeah your Reason license and purchased REs that are authorized to your computer or ignition key work offline.

You need to login for trial REs, subscription, RTO, and betas. You can choose to continue without logging in and forego access to those REs that require online authentication, but still of course use your REs that you have purchased outright that are authorized to your computer or ignition key.

bitley

18 Nov 2018

Can hotels work offline?

Faastwalker

18 Nov 2018

bitley wrote:
18 Nov 2018
Can hotels work offline?
Nothing works offline these days, including me :shock:

DrGOA®

19 Nov 2018

I used this method and it worked for me.

• Information