Reason - Delayed Interface Graphics on the new MacBookPro

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jacekplacek

16 Nov 2018

Hi,
Few months ago, I've started working on brand new MacBook Pro and I have noticed that the graphics of Reason's Interface works slower - compare to my 6 y.o. Mac Air. I made the deep diagnosis of hardware in authorized service. I had some problems with the computer (for example - discharging of the battery when Mac was turned off). However they didn't find anything wrong during the tests, but they offered me to replace the hardware (disk, graphic cards, and motherboard). They replaced these parts with the new ones. I reinstalled the system and the Reason still doesn't work smoothly - the delays are the worse... The graphics do not keep up with the cursor - it works with the annoying delays...

I've changed the graphics cards setting - The system works on the fastest card.
I reinstalled system.
I installed the Mojave but earlier I saw these delays on High Sierra.

When I work on my old Mac Air (with El Capitan) everything is ok. Reason works with super flow.

How Is it possible that Reason works worse on quite new MacBookPro (Intel Core i7; 2,8 GHz)?
Is that because of the system? Is it normal? If anyone has the similar problem with the MacBook Pro?

I will be very grateful for Yours help!
Greetz.

Tweak

16 Nov 2018

Have you tried to run Reason in low resolution mode? Whilst irritating this is necessary, it made a substantial difference to me. To do this, close Reason, find the reason executable using the finder within your Mac's applications directory, right click and choose Get Info. In the resulting dialog check the "Open in low Resolution" checkbox. Close this dialog and reopen Reason. It will now attempt to render reason at a lower (non-retina display native) resolution. This appears to make a difference to performance.

Hope this helps,

Marc

jacekplacek

16 Nov 2018

Tweak wrote:
16 Nov 2018
Have you tried to run Reason in low resolution mode? Whilst irritating this is necessary, it made a substantial difference to me. To do this, close Reason, find the reason executable using the finder within your Mac's applications directory, right click and choose Get Info. In the resulting dialog check the "Open in low Resolution" checkbox. Close this dialog and reopen Reason. It will now attempt to render reason at a lower (non-retina display native) resolution. This appears to make a difference to performance.

Hope this helps,

Marc
Mark, thank You!
I run Reason in low resolution and it works better.
It's annoying that this procedure is necessary, but I must accept this.
Thank You again for Your help!
Greetz,
Jacek

• Information