Recording Reason mix with hardware

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
OTDO

15 Nov 2018

Hi, new here and cant seem to figure this one out.
I have Routed some hardeware synths trough my soundcard into a mix channel. so far so good, i can use hardware synths within my reason mix and use reason effects on the hardware synths in the mix and make songs combining reason and hardware synths.
now i want to render/export the song and cant seem to figure out how to. I can create audio channels for every mix and record every hardware synth on a separate track. This is with a song with 12 hardware synths quite a bit of work and potentialy messes up my mix.
I only want an export for the whole monitor out mix so how can i record the whole monitor out mix into a new channel i guess is my question, Or is there another plan to export mixes in this situation in reason 10.
thank you :puf_smile:

tiker01

15 Nov 2018

OTDO wrote:
15 Nov 2018
I have Routed some hardeware synths trough my soundcard into a mix channel. so far so good, i can use hardware synths within my reason mix and use reason effects on the hardware synths in the mix and make songs combining reason and hardware synths.
now i want to render/export the song and cant seem to figure out how to. I can create audio channels for every mix and record every hardware synth on a separate track. This is with a song with 12 hardware synths quite a bit of work and potentialy messes up my mix.
I only want an export for the whole monitor out mix so how can i record the whole monitor out mix into a new channel i guess is my question, Or is there another plan to export mixes in this situation in reason 10.
You can select all your hardware to be recorded simultaneously if your soundcard has that many inputs.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

OTDO

16 Nov 2018

tiker01 wrote:
15 Nov 2018
OTDO wrote:
15 Nov 2018
You can select all your hardware to be recorded simultaneously if your soundcard has that many inputs.
i know there is that option, it seems strange with all this routing options you cant rout internal audio to a recording track. had it working when routing the monitor out to adat out and connecting the adat out to adat in at my soundcard. but this seems like a bit backwards when reason gives you the idea of unlimited routing options.

selig
RE Developer

16 Nov 2018

OTDO wrote:
16 Nov 2018
tiker01 wrote:
15 Nov 2018

i know there is that option, it seems strange with all this routing options you cant rout internal audio to a recording track.
You CAN! Any audio can be routed to any track - route a bus to record a sub-mix. On the source track, click on the REC SOURCE button on the lower right corner of the rack Mix Channel device and it will appear in the list of input sources for any audio track.
Selig Audio, LLC

demt

18 Nov 2018

Erm what's a submix or am I being paranoid
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information