Hiding performance automation in edit mode

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bod

12 Nov 2018

Hi,

I don't think it's possible, but thought I'd ask in case I'm missing it. Rather than dragging the performance automation lanes down to get them out of the way, is there a key command/option to hide them from view?

tobypearce

24 Mar 2019

It isn't currently possible and I agree that the current solution is not elegant.
Once you have a well-developed track near completion, there are numerous automation lanes and these currently receive the same visual prominence as the midi or audio tracks they automate. This has two problems:
1) They take up too much real estate so you can't see all tracks on the screen.
2) The overall arrangement in the sequencer looks muddy - I find it hard to see the wood from the trees.

In Logic (and I believe in Ableton), you can hide automation lanes, then click a button to disclose them.
I really do wish PH would take a look at how automation is displayed in Reason.
No DAW has this down perfect, so there is scope for the typical PH innovation here!
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

botnotbot

24 Mar 2019

tobypearce wrote:
24 Mar 2019
It isn't currently possible and I agree that the current solution is not elegant.
Once you have a well-developed track near completion, there are numerous automation lanes and these currently receive the same visual prominence as the midi or audio tracks they automate. This has two problems:
1) They take up too much real estate so you can't see all tracks on the screen.
2) The overall arrangement in the sequencer looks muddy - I find it hard to see the wood from the trees.

In Logic (and I believe in Ableton), you can hide automation lanes, then click a button to disclose them.
I really do wish PH would take a look at how automation is displayed in Reason.
No DAW has this down perfect, so there is scope for the typical PH innovation here!
Indeed! Apart from not being able to hide them well, however, I have to say that Reason's approach to automation is definitely my favorite of the DAWs that I have used. Now we just need real curves and visibility/hiding tweaks.

Creativemind

24 Mar 2019

Don't know about in any other modes (if Logic has any) but in Logic you can show / hide automation lanes in the sequencer using the A key. I wish you could do this in Reason.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information