Small Mixer Improvement Suggestions

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
friday

11 Nov 2018

I sent that to Propellerheads maybe someone of you will find this also interesting?

After all these years, I use Reason more and more professional and I'm pretty happy so far. But here are some little ideas that, in my opinion, would help simplify working with the mixer.

1.) Thanks for the new Multi Fader Selction Option, but for me I have more problem with that as if it helps me, because i only move the faders with "Shift" so if i now dont explicit select the channel first I move all the faders from the last unsed to the actual I want to move. So why not a option to disable this feature and only enable it for the rare moments you need the multi fader selcetion?

2.) As I use the mixer more and more complex, I have a lot of channels and bus'es, so then I can get in struggle to visualy have the overview. Please add the option to insert a dummy channel only to separate things.

3.) I use a Touchscreen monitor for the Mixer window, and the possibility to jump to the rack and sequencer with touch is so relaxing, but sometimes it is some kind of fiddly because of the small buttons.
ReasonMixerFeatureRequest_112018.jpg
ReasonMixerFeatureRequest_112018.jpg (657.76 KiB) Viewed 641 times

xylyx

11 Nov 2018

Number 2 would be something that I would definitely use, if available. If they added folder tracks for the sequencer as well, then it would be a very good thing.

I can see how the other two would useful in your use case scenarios, although they wouldn't make any difference to the way that I use Reason.

retreed
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2018

friday wrote:
11 Nov 2018
I sent that to Propellerheads maybe someone of you will find this also interesting?

After all these years, I use Reason more and more professional and I'm pretty happy so far. But here are some little ideas that, in my opinion, would help simplify working with the mixer.

1.) Thanks for the new Multi Fader Selction Option, but for me I have more problem with that as if it helps me, because i only move the faders with "Shift" so if i now dont explicit select the channel first I move all the faders from the last unsed to the actual I want to move. So why not a option to disable this feature and only enable it for the rare moments you need the multi fader selcetion?

2.) As I use the mixer more and more complex, I have a lot of channels and bus'es, so then I can get in struggle to visualy have the overview. Please add the option to insert a dummy channel only to separate things.

3.) I use a Touchscreen monitor for the Mixer window, and the possibility to jump to the rack and sequencer with touch is so relaxing, but sometimes it is some kind of fiddly because of the small buttons.

ReasonMixerFeatureRequest_112018.jpg
1) Having an option can only be appreciated. I find myself moving multiple faders accidentally as well sometimes. But maybe we just need to get used to the 10.2 workflow as it is slighly different.

2) The color of the track is already visible on each headline "INPUT", "DYNAMICS", etc. in the mixer. Changing the color of the background slightly could help already (as people complain about the SSL mixer not having a dark mode, maybe this is something that comes in a combination).

3) A touchscreens still does not show its full potential in most situations in Reason. Just think about how great multi-touch on kong would be. :o

Creativemind

11 Nov 2018

There needs to be a way to automate the Adjust Multiple Faders too (at once) and I like the Number 2 a lot.

I also like the font you've used at the bottom. That would be welcomed. I love great looking GUI and also I would like to see the graphics overall improved on the mixer (see my profile pic for an example) and also something I'd welcome is something someone suggested recently on here, the ability to collapse subgroups so only the Master Fader for that group was showing.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

taddx

14 Nov 2018

Number 2 +1

Yonatan

16 Nov 2018

Foldable/hidden channels in The mixer is soooo needed, same in The sequencer. If doing many channels like working with sound design for a video or a radio work with many layers simmig to a few groups in The music mix...now is a pain to work with all these viewable channels on a laptop. I want to be able to reduce the mix to only like 4-8 subgroups at the end of mixing process. And only when needed, open up them to tweak single tracks inside those.
Drums, Vocals, Guitars, Ambient etc.
If possible even to divide further inside these main group/folders.
Having minor groups inside of the main groups like a hierarchy.
This would open up Reason for more complex sund work that today is a bit steep.

Also in The sequencer lanes to be able to do a bit more adjustments to volyme and pan etc. Like in Logic.
And while at it, to easily be able to link midi sequencer tracks to let them be layered and played at the same time on The keyboard.

And The color palette...I quickly run out of useful colors to divide tracks.
A lot of them are not very useful, and The ones that work well is too few.
Let us customize the colors. Now the unusable colors are too often brought in as default so one have to change them often and The beautiful ones are limited. This might seem picky but it disrupts the Flow and puts down the overall experience. I world like to be able to choose a bunch of colors I like and only let them be auto-added when creating new tracks and lanes.

• Information