Reason Demo/Intro: ReWire to Logic 8?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rgdaniel

28 Oct 2018

Can either (or both) Reason Intro or a demo version of Reason Intro be made to work with Logic 8? Literally asking for a friend, as I have no experience with either Logic or ReWire. Hoping to convince him to drop the hundred bucks on Reason Intro, then we can maybe collab, swap some song files. If it can also be useful to him for his own purposes (Logic) then I'd be more likely to convince him.

Oquasec

29 Oct 2018

Get the reason demo and rewire it into logic for a few months before buying anything really.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

drloop

29 Oct 2018

Logic 8 isnt 64 bit application is it? Rewire requires 64 bit nowadays so I think rewire wont work.

stephensmattlee

29 Oct 2018

Think drloop is correct. I used to use Reason rewired into Logic 8 but think I would have been using Reason 6 at the time which yes I would assume both would programs have been running in 32 bit. I still do rewrite a lot even now and also do the same with Ableton.

I absolutely loved Logic 8 when it came out years ago, why doesn’t your friend look at getting Logic X? It’s such a huge leap forward in terms of features now compared to 10 years ago with it being capable of so much more and packing loads more content? But if his computer is running an old OS and upgrading isn’t an option then that’s understandable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antic604

29 Oct 2018

Rewire is disabled in Lite/Intro: https://www.propellerheads.com/en/reason/comparison, so use the 30-day demo instead.

rgdaniel

29 Oct 2018

Thanks for the info, folks. I think he's nursing along an older Mac, likely 32-bit, so this all may be a non-starter.

• Information