VST screenshot problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dusan.cani

16 Oct 2018

It seems that making screenshot for particular instance of VST device is not possible. This is problem when I use VSTs like Reaktor. Inside Reaktor I could load different kind of instruments and effects, but Reason makes only one global screenshot for VST device regardless of loaded state of VST plugin. So I end up with various Reaktor instruments and effects in the rack which all of them have same screenshot instead of screenshot of loaded instrument. This is not user friendly behaviour. I really wonder that they didn't provide option for one global VST screenshot (for showing VST within instruments list in browser) and screenshots assigned for particular instance of VST device in your Reason project...

Is there some place where I could suggest this important improvement so the Props could know that users have struggle with this ?

Loque

16 Oct 2018

I am curious if it is possible to know that for a VST host? How does other DAWs handle that?
Reason12, Win10

dusan.cani

16 Oct 2018

It would be the same principle as you assign name for any device in Reason rack. So beside the name of the device, the screenshot for VST device could be added too.

• Information