How to put each Drum part on differant channel.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

16 Oct 2018

I compose my Rhythm section using some of the Amazing sounds in Reason Drum Kits and Reason Bass. Great refills from prop heads that still. are the best sounding emulations of real drums and bass

I like to work in lanes and then join the lanes.

My question is I remember there is a short cut to "Explode" the lane so all components of the drum kit, toms snare hi hatts are on separate mixer channels. i forgot how to do that?

i'm probably missing the correct search term

thanks

chimp_spanner

16 Oct 2018

Select the part, press f8 and expand the tab “extract notes”. That should be it!

calebbrennan

16 Oct 2018

Thanks but that does not work, there is no option for that in F8 with the midi track selected.

FlowerSoldier

17 Oct 2018

Naw, Chimp is right but it's all the way at the bottom. You may have to collapse a few carrots to see it. It's actually called 'explode'
If you mean you want to route all the channels from a redrum to it's own mix channels you have to do it manually.
Create enough new mix channels for the pattern, then Tab to the back of the rack.
Drag those audio out cables where you want them. to go
It's kinda satisfying. This works for Kong too.

Reasonable man

17 Oct 2018

If your talking about putting the actual Reason drum kits (the Refill ) onto seperate mix channels well its a royal pain as James Beranrd points out here.

I did a few variations on it with Kong (download them from dropbox here) viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7505784&p=380182&hi ... rd#p380182

One of those downlaods i did up the james bernard template for putting RDK onto seperate channels (i think its the first one ..cant remember)

calebbrennan

19 Oct 2018

Thanks for the responses. Yes I see it in F8 when I collapse the tabs.
And yes it is problematic doing with reason Drum refill and the SSl.
But this still helps.

• Information