Is it possible to route midi from machine vst to a reason combinator?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Phletch

14 Oct 2018

Hi.just upgraded for the 30 days to reason 10 to check the machine vat functionality.so far so good .easy to set up machine audio groups to SEP channels BUT I cannot figure out how to send midi from a machine group to a reason combinator which would be awesome and should be simple methinks but it appears not so far from reading the manual.....can anyone help me figure out if it is possible?

Emian

14 Oct 2018

i know you can export MIDI clips from Maschine...

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Boombastix
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2018

You cannot get Midi out from a VST inside Reason. Requests to PH to include this ASAP has been made.

Can you route Midi inside of Mashine?

I think you can, I have asked NI and other users, but only got like 90% certainty from the answers.

I would like to trigger, say, Cthulhu from a single Midi note and have Cthulhu generate a chord that triggers a VST instrument. Are you able to do that inside Mashine?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2018

Boombastix wrote:
14 Oct 2018

I would like to trigger, say, Cthulhu from a single Midi note and have Cthulhu generate a chord that triggers a VST instrument. Are you able to do that inside Mashine?

The workflow for that is to send out the midi note via EMI to Cthulhu (not sure if this runs standalone or not) and then route the midi out of Cthulhu back into Reason (which I would do via a control surface)...

Boombastix
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Boombastix wrote:
14 Oct 2018

The workflow for that is to send out the midi note via EMI to Cthulhu (not sure if this runs standalone or not) and then route the midi out of Cthulhu back into Reason (which I would do via a control surface)...
Well, the idea to route VST Midi inside of Mashine is to be able to save everything in the Reason song and not have to have external files to match with. Thus, my specific question if works 100% inside of Mashine. Do you happen to know?

Phletch

15 Oct 2018

hi thanks for your thoughts....... it seems not then....
a real missed opportunity then which hopefull props can resolve asap

hoped i could get the maschine functionality inside the reason daw
as i currently use it inside ableton, where you can easily route mid from one vst to any targetted other
re: export MIDI clips from Maschine into reason wouldn't give the capacity to do all the midi programming for the reason synths/combinator in maschines arranger which is the ideal as its so free flowing...

Emian

15 Oct 2018

Boombastix wrote:
14 Oct 2018
You cannot get Midi out from a VST inside Reason. Requests to PH to include this ASAP has been made.

I think you can, I have asked NI and other users, but only got like 90% certainty from the answers.

actually you can, have you even tried, bro?

i can drag a MIDI-clip or WAV-file from Maschine into my rack using these buttons in Maschine :

Emian

15 Oct 2018

Boombastix wrote:
14 Oct 2018

This is how to set up Maschine vst to route MIDI into it :

i can record drumpaterns with the drum-sequencer, and note data using any player device....

Phletch

15 Oct 2018

I think the thread partly getting hijacked by another person.

I didnt ask can I drag a midi clip into another track.thats a different task completely

I asked could reason route machine vst midi data (from day one machine group) to another reason synth so the programming of the reason synth stays within the machine vst

Intention to use my library of reason combinators but use the strength and workflow of maschine programming

Taking the clip out of machine is of use but means you have to write the sequence inside machine vst with a different sound before dragging the machine midi data out into reason which is a really convoluted way. This action is easy to set up in ableton (routing internal vst midi data)

Boombastix
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2018

No you cannot. You misunderstood. We discussed if a VST can send Midi to another VST or RE. Drag not drop does not give you real time Midi routing.
Emian wrote:
Boombastix wrote:
14 Oct 2018

actually you can, have you even tried, bro?

i can drag a MIDI-clip or WAV-file from Maschine into my rack using these buttons in Maschine :

Boombastix
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2018

Phletch are you able to use VST chord players inside of Mashine (eg Cthulhu)? I have posted this question before but never got a 100% answer. I want to play single notes and record the Midi chords in Maschine and have them trigger VST instruments inside of Mashine.
Phletch wrote:I think the thread partly getting hijacked by another person.

I didnt ask can I drag a midi clip into another track.thats a different task completely

I asked could reason route machine vst midi data (from day one machine group) to another reason synth so the programming of the reason synth stays within the machine vst

Intention to use my library of reason combinators but use the strength and workflow of maschine programming

Taking the clip out of machine is of use but means you have to write the sequence inside machine vst with a different sound before dragging the machine midi data out into reason which is a really convoluted way. This action is easy to set up in ableton (routing internal vst midi data)

• Information