midi lag since latest reason update

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rabid

11 Oct 2018

Hi all,
I have had years of trouble free enjoyment with my novation slmk2 keyboard and reason.
In the recent update 10.2d93, the control surface tab has been overhauled and there is a new box with checkboxes. Since then there has been a big lag between midi key and reason reacting. we are talking probably 250ms or so making it hard to make music.
Anyone else having this problem and or can suggest a solution?
Thanks

QVprod

11 Oct 2018

Have you tried unchecking those boxes? That’s for easy midi which you don’t need with a controller that’s already set up

kuhliloach

11 Oct 2018

MIDI lag may possibly have nothing to do with MIDI. For example, let's say your Audio Interface has changed, or your existing one Sample Rate / Buffer Size has changed within Reason's Preferences / Audio tab. This could happen perhaps due to a driver update? If it changed to 1024 or 512 samples, for example, you would need to set it back to 64, 128, or 256 to eliminate the latency.

rabid

12 Oct 2018

sorry, I've been a fool. i just started using a vst plugin (izotope ozone) that seems to have caused it. click bypass and it is sorted! sorry!

• Information