Need to search for sounds every time

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
selig
RE Developer

11 Oct 2018

MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2018
selig wrote:
11 Oct 2018

I don't understand - if you save the Combinator after locating the samples, then open it again, you should not be asked again to locate the samples.

You didn't mention whether or not you did what I suggested - did you? And it still doesn't work?
Absolutely. If I save the song after I’ve located the sounds in the Reason Pianos folder then it opens fine after that. The thing is that the refill I’m using has about 40 different combinators all using different sounds from Reason Pianos. So I need to do a search for every combinator I open.

They’re not my own combinators. They’re in a refill.

Sorry if I’m just not understanding something.
I'm not talking about saving the song, sorry if that wasn't clear. And I don't think I understood the patches were in another ReFill, so I'm guessing it's not possible to re-save the Combinator in the ReFill?

What ReFill is this? IIRC, a ReFill needs the samples located in a specific place for the ReFill to work. I'm unclear about how a ReFill addresses other ReFills, wasn't sure that was even possible (but I'm no expert on creating ReFills).

Are both ReFills in the same Folder/level, or are the located in different folders /directories? Could be it's designed to work with both ReFills in the same folder/directory? Were there any directions that came with this ReFill regarding this issue?

Sorry for all the questions, but this HAS to be solvable.
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

11 Oct 2018

MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2018
Heigen5 wrote:
11 Oct 2018
Did you manually locate the Refill for one of it's patches and then save the patch, creating a new project and trying to load the patch again? I mean don't save it without locating it first!
Ha ha. Of course :)
That's what I asked previously, but I said "save the Combinator" not the "patch". Can you even do this with patches from a ReFill?
Selig Audio, LLC

Heigen5

11 Oct 2018

selig wrote:
11 Oct 2018
MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2018

Ha ha. Of course :)
That's what I asked previously, but I said "save the Combinator" not the "patch". Can you even do this with patches from a ReFill?
Sure, I'm not quiet sure how well he knows Reason. Like you said - can you even locate the Refill content into Reason? Can you save the combinator patch? We know you fail to open them later on on a new reason project?

Italophile

11 Oct 2018

Are both the refills in the same folder?
I have Reason Pianos and Exode’s RPi refill. Both are in the same folder (Refills\Piano and Keys) and the RPi patches open without issue.
Changes cannot be saved to a refill which is why Reason can’t remember where the samples were found between sessions.
I’m sure you will already have done this but the top level folder (Refills in my case) also needs to be in the locations list in the Browser (see p398 of the manual).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2018

Ha ha. Now I feel like I'm just being irritating. But deep breath and onward. :)
I know changes can't be saved to a refill.
I have saved the combinator...Open a new song...open the saved combinator and sure that works and I can open all the other combinators in the refill without locating the sounds. Opening the combinator, however, takes roughly the same time as just locating the sounds so not much point in that.
Putting the two refills in the same folder doesn't help either.

Selig: Sorry, I just saw a post you wrote that I missed. The refill is called Cryogenic Key. Was a free refill on Props site ages ago. It uses sounds from Reason Pianos and Electromechanical.
Last edited by MrFigg on 11 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2018

selig wrote:
11 Oct 2018
MrFigg wrote:
11 Oct 2018

Absolutely. If I save the song after I’ve located the sounds in the Reason Pianos folder then it opens fine after that. The thing is that the refill I’m using has about 40 different combinators all using different sounds from Reason Pianos. So I need to do a search for every combinator I open.

They’re not my own combinators. They’re in a refill.

Sorry if I’m just not understanding something.
I'm not talking about saving the song, sorry if that wasn't clear. And I don't think I understood the patches were in another ReFill, so I'm guessing it's not possible to re-save the Combinator in the ReFill?

What ReFill is this? IIRC, a ReFill needs the samples located in a specific place for the ReFill to work. I'm unclear about how a ReFill addresses other ReFills, wasn't sure that was even possible (but I'm no expert on creating ReFills).

Are both ReFills in the same Folder/level, or are the located in different folders /directories? Could be it's designed to work with both ReFills in the same folder/directory? Were there any directions that came with this ReFill regarding this issue?

Sorry for all the questions, but this HAS to be solvable.
Ha ha. Now I feel like I'm just being irritating. But deep breath and onward.
I know changes can't be saved to a refill.
I have saved the combinator...Open a new song...open the saved combinator and sure that works and I can open all the other combinators in the refill without locating the sounds. Opening the combinator, however, takes roughly the same time as just locating the sounds so not much point in that.
Putting the two refills in the same folder doesn't help either.

Selig: Sorry, I just saw a post you wrote that I missed. The refill is called Cryogenic Key. Was a free refill on Props site ages ago. It uses sounds from Reason Pianos and Electromechanical.
Last edited by MrFigg on 11 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Italophile

11 Oct 2018

You're not being irritating, you just have a problem that is irritating you.

I downloaded Cryogenic Key from here and placed it in the same folder as Reason Pianos but I could not replicate your issue.
Piano & Keys folder.jpg
I then moved Cryogenic Key to my main refills folder and had the same issue as you.

So it looks as though the two refills have to be in the same folder for the samples to be found.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2018

Weeeeeell….I just put Cryogenic Key and Electromechanical into the Reason Piano folder and, as Italophile said, it worked :):):). Great!!!
But then...….I moved Electromechanical and Cryogenic Key back to where I originally had them and guess what...works as well. Weird but at least it's fine now. Must just have been Reason not linking the two together for some reason.

Thanks everyone for the help. It really is appreciated. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information