CodeMeter Service

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
splangie

10 Oct 2018

Just had an issue with CodeMeter. It was throwing an error after the login and wouldn't let Reason start. I opened Services and the CodeMeter Runtime Server status was set to Disabled. I installed the 1809 Windows 10 update a few days ago and used Reason a number of times since with no problem. I also pushed 1809 on a laptop a couple days before that and have not seen any problems there. So I just enabled it, set Startup type to automatic and all is well.

EnochLight

10 Oct 2018

splangie wrote:
10 Oct 2018
Just had an issue with CodeMeter. It was throwing an error after the login and wouldn't let Reason start. I opened Services and the CodeMeter Runtime Server status was set to Disabled. I installed the 1809 Windows 10 update a few days ago and used Reason a number of times since with no problem. I also pushed 1809 on a laptop a couple days before that and have not seen any problems there. So I just enabled it, set Startup type to automatic and all is well.
Is 1809 the update that hosed a bunch of file directories? :shock: :o :?

https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft ... ing-files/
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

splangie

10 Oct 2018

EnochLight wrote:
10 Oct 2018
splangie wrote:
10 Oct 2018
Is 1809 the update that hosed a bunch of file directories? :shock: :o :?

https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft ... ing-files/
Yeah, that's what is going around. I did it before folks starting reporting issues and I am not missing anything, just the service disabled issue on one pc, so far. I am a bit of a backup nut job, so I am almost always covered there. Like wearing a really protective codpiece and carrying a couple extra just in case.

Loque

10 Oct 2018

I noticed the same several times after a bigger window update.
Reason12, Win10

splangie

11 Oct 2018

MS is now saying it only affected folks who did it manually and that about "one one-hundredth of one percent" of updaters were affected. I would like to see that number. I wonder how many TBs of data is gone? Backup your stuff.

• Information