Reason dreaming...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jagwah

19 Oct 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
10 Oct 2018
I guess more development staff so development of Reason can be accelerated in general.
I think most would agree on this.
WeLoveYouToo wrote:
14 Oct 2018
i would ask for video support too, honestly
Best reply ever! :)
sonicbyte wrote:
15 Oct 2018
Have you tested http://retouchcontrol.com/resync/ ?? It looks nice if you need video support in Reson
Yes but it's just for scoring, I really want a couple of video editing features.

Jagwah

19 Oct 2018

O1B wrote:
12 Oct 2018
I did the same Reason Dreaming - STRANGE - ... and, I only came up w/$30Grand in Music Productiion Needs.
It seems some of us have a different understanding of how much things cost lol ; )

WeLoveYouToo

19 Oct 2018

for video i use davinci resolve, and the newest version (15) has a pretty competant audio editor with a good mixer, vst support, etc. it's really all i need for anything besides actually writing music. scoring is not quite doable with it from scratch, it's not a program you want to compose in, but you generally edit video to the score in the final stage anyways.
i write most of my pieces in reason nowadays, and with a good ballpark estimate of timing, anything i bounce from reason will be good enough to work with in davinci. master both audio and video in davinci as well.

madmacman

19 Oct 2018

Jagwah wrote:
19 Oct 2018
Faastwalker wrote:
10 Oct 2018
I guess more development staff so development of Reason can be accelerated in general.
I think most would agree on this.
Well, it depends...

When we hire new developers for our project teams, we consider a training period of 6-12 months (depending on project complexity) until the new developer can work productive and add value.

So in the long run: yes! More developers to drive Reason development is a good idea. But if you expect your favorite features from your wishlist before X-Mas by hiring 10 more developers, then you're out of luck! ;)

See also "Brooks's law".

O1B

19 Oct 2018

Im with you. I think it'd cost what you say.
And, like I said, your plan is to be respected. That's commitment to 'video in Reason' right there.

Id just want to hold on to a bigger chunk of the two mill.
Jagwah wrote:
19 Oct 2018
O1B wrote:
12 Oct 2018
I did the same Reason Dreaming - STRANGE - ... and, I only came up w/$30Grand in Music Productiion Needs.
It seems some of us have a different understanding of how much things cost lol ; )

• Information